Anyone used or fitted a brake bias pedal box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used or fitted a brake bias pedal box

Ok while building the urq im thinking of fitting one of these http://www.compbrake.com/pedal-boxes...ent/-3526.html

I think it would be good for setting up balance on the track and as im probably going electric power steering I could bin the hydraulic system and bomb etc. Anyone done this. How hard does the brake pedal get on one of these without the assistance. What size of cylinders would I use. It would probably have stock rear brakes and some 4 pots up front. Cheers des.

i got one from Compbrake. and i am in the USA. and if i could, i would find them and throw it thru their shop window it is such garbage.

they refused to even answer emails about it after i sent them the first pictures of how messed up it was.

they can kiss my HINEY!!!!

it was built wrong, the pedal was not aligned which puts both sideways AND top/bottom pressure on the rods of the master cylinders. to even make it work i had to cut it apart and move the pedal over and reweld it. what i think they SHOULD have done was send the pedal for the brakes without the sleeve for the bias bar welded in.

notice the coating on the rods rubbed off, this was just in testing the pedal assembly and rod lengths. i still have yet to actually put fluid thru it and try it. i might just weld the bias bar in one spot.

the pedal has to be in the direct center of the master cylinders. this is not. and if the sleeve had been shipped loose, i could have welded it in the correct spot. they did send a second sleeve loose, but the pedal already had it welded in and powdercoated. WTF.

so to fix it i had to cut off part of the pedal tube and move it over.

now it is centered. didnt want to cut the box apart to raise the mounting flange so the rod is more level, that was even more work. screw it. COMPBRAKE sucks.

i wish i had just bought from USA like Tilton, Wilwood, etc. oh well.

good luck with that....

Comment

Ok might avoid compbrake s box then. Found this http://www.motorsport-tools.com/audi...-p-269436.html

Have you any experience of which size cylinders to use. Or do I need to use both feet to push the non assisted peddle. Cheers

Comment

it says what size cylinders to use. but i have not moved the car yet so i am unsure. what i Can tell you is that i ran last year 150+ mph and my old setup was JUST a master cyl, no hydroboost or vac boost. and on the slower passes, 10.xxx's and around 140mph, i had no trouble stopping on the brakes alone without the parachute. i use it when i am in the 9.xxx and 150's mph.

Willwood master cylinder sizes:
        0.625 Front
        0.750 Rear

Comment

I would imagine braking from 150 on a .25 mile pass would have you fairly focused. But as a fast road and track car would it be a bit tiring. What way were the factory rally cars I wonder.

Comment

i would find them and throw it thru their shop window it is such garbage.

they can kiss my HINEY!!!!

That's how I felt about the people that designed and manufactured the pedal box that I purchased had to re-design and weld bits to make it function just like you Arron !

My advise, spend the money on a good one!!

Comment

Was yours a compbrake one too

Comment

cheap sheat des

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/universal-...item257b99cede

my fault but it will come good in the end, but yeah if you are in the market for a pedal box get something of high quality and unfortunately price

Comment

I think that one on the motor sport tools site with wilwood cylinders should be decent quality. Just concerned about how strong my leg will need to be...

Comment

Get wilwood or tilton cilynders.Do not play wilt your life.A 2 wilwood cilynder +bias assembly+adapter for cq firewall was around 180 200 eur.I can find the site i bought them.But never managed to finish the car and mount them.How do they feel with no brake asistance?

Comment

Working...
                    X