Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Front Discs & Pads Rubbing/squeeking??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Front Discs & Pads Rubbing/squeeking??

Hi,

I just had Brand new GSF Vented Front Discs & Pads fitted and there is a slight squeek at a certain point every revolution. The squeek is worse and louder when first setting off in wet conditions but it subsides after some braking but never dissappears, it also seems to get worse when turning to the left (it's the n/s/f disc)?

I dont have a great deal of mechanical knowledge, can someone tell me what might cause this? Should I take it back to the garage that fitted them and ask for them to sort it out?

It's one of those really annoying things I HATE squeeks/vibrations/knocks & rattles

Are they Porsche brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
      Are they Porsche brakes?
      No just standard S2 , for the minute I was just trying to get it back on the road, upgrade at a later date along with other stuff.

Comment

Strange one then, people quite often get this problem with Porsche brakes, often fixed by using brake lubricant like Ceratex.

Might be worth going back to the garage as you've paid them to do the job. Have you bedded in the pads properly? Might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
          Strange one then, people quite often get this problem with Porsche brakes, often fixed by using brake lubricant like Ceratex.

Might be worth going back to the garage as you've paid them to do the job. Have you bedded in the pads properly? Might help.
          I was gonna try bedding them in tonight when it's quiet, hopefully this might sort out the problem, if not then back to the garage... AGAIN lol.

Comment

Check your splash shield.
            SS

Comment

Working...
            X