Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 big blacks problem

anyone had this problem?

s2 wheelbearing housing, vw pheaton discs (same as s8 323x30) + supposedly 928 gts calipers. the pistons is 44/36mm. Guessing the calippers are wrong, but what are they from if not a 928 gts?

the gap is about 11mm and the calipper sits as close to the disc as possible.

i had the same when i put boxster calipers and 312mm discs on my 90, just had some spacers machined and they've been perfect..

Comment

Having done a few back yard brake conversions, I suspect this caliper belongs on a much smaller dia disc.
      Regards
      Ryss
      www.autostart.co.za

Comment

those are not from a GTS probably a 4s
        RS 2 580HP

Comment

Whats the part number on the caliper?
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Looks like 314mm would be better.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Do you have a photo of the pads, that should confirm things
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

partnumbers on one caliper looks to be 20.4565.00 and 20.4564.00

It seems right that the caliper is for something that uses 314 disc.. maybe less. It would be nice to know what the calipers are from though. I cant have them because im going to get the car legal, then this is not what i applied for. Don't think they would accept the spacers neither.

dont have any pads for these yet. I thought i would test fit them first, and my fears came true... they didnt fit. But got any dimensions?
                The pads that would fit these probably are just under 13,5cm long and probably around 5,5cm tall

Comment

more pics

Comment

Found this picture, it shows the difference between 928s4 and 928gts.. in that order. (plus some other caliper).
                    if you look at this picture.. the pistons one ht 928s4 seems to small....

Comment

look the same as a set i had a while back apparently off a 928 s4.. sure they fit the standard rs2 discs nicely

Comment

found this german thread http://www.pff.de/porsche/board104-p...lein-oder-gro/

google translated for those who dont speak german;

The 928 GTS was 322 mm and the S4 only 304 mm diameter brake discs.

The bulb diameter of the brake calipers are the same (36 mm and 44 mm), only the discs are larger and the saddles accordingly a greater number.

Look at my site, here you'll find both diameter

304 x 32 mm = 928 S4 or 968 or 944 turbo S with M030
                        322 x 32 mm = 928 GTS or 993 or 964 turbo 3.6 turbo

so i guess its the s4 caliper as jade and sam said

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          Looks like 314mm would be better.
                          I would say 304mm rs2 disc.
                          sigpic_________
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Holla View Post
                            Found this picture, it shows the difference between 928s4 and 928gts.. in that order. (plus some other caliper).
                            if you look at this picture.. the pistons one ht 928s4 seems to small....
                            I have rebuilt many, The smaller version also has 36mm and 44mm pistons
                            RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
                              I have rebuilt many, The smaller version also has 36mm and 44mm pistons
                              Thanks for the info. Got any thread or description about the rebuild? Would be interesting !

Comment

Working...
                              X