S2 ABY B4 - Brake Servo Replacement Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 ABY B4 - Brake Servo Replacement Query

Can the brake servo which is mounted on the bulkhead of a rhd S2 Avant be accessed / changed from up underneath the dash by just taking out the parcel shelf under the steering column ?

Any adviess or tips from anyone whose already done it would be welcomed.

Changed my bomb, my master cylinder, and flushed the fluid, steering pump is fresh, so I reckon it is the servo ?

These cars !

Once you get that lower trim off, get a torch and you should be able to see three nuts that fix the servo to the firewall. I used a few extensions and a swivel adaptor on the end with a 3/8 ratchet. The top nut can be a pita to get started back on the thread when putting it back together because of a bracket in the way, but you'll work it out
    ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Or you can remove from the engine side by removing the 4x nuts from the other side of the bracket, that is how I have done it before
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Couldn't remember if it was three or four nuts
        ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Thanks Pat and Alex for the replies.

So it's just a bit of a pita to do, but still doable with good head tourch, and a decent array of wobble headed extensions, and universal joints as regards a socket set.

Comment

Update:

Second hand brake servo installed, brakes are now perfect.

Wasn't the bomb or master cylinder on this occasion, which were both respectively changed first.

Thanks to all for replies.

Comment

Working...
            X