Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A6Q ABS fault - pump permanently on.

Morning all

Jumped in the car this morning and the ABS light came on as I pulled off the drive, with the pump making a bit of a row.
    I re-started but the pump is now running full time, even with engine off so I have had to unplug the connector to the pump.
    I've scanned with vagcom but I have a no comms error, I've tried another ECU from a 2wd which does communicate but doesn't show any fault codes, being the wrong sort.
    I'm assuming the ECU has failed and is making the pump run on, anyone with similar experiences?

For ref:
    Pump: 8D0 614 111D
    ECU: 4D0 907 379K

If anyone has spares let me know

Cheers
    Andy
    1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
    2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
    1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
    1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
    1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
    1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
    1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
    1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Pump or ECU failures are generally unheard of...you may be the exception... sensors are usually the cause/fault - for various reasons.

Comment

Bad sensor

I had a sensor do this, pump kept coming on all the time. Should throw a code though, if you can't communicate with the abs system suggests bad unit. There are loads of abs controllers on ebay.de worth a swap or borrow a spare if a forum member has one.

Comment

Relplaced the ECU with a cheap ebay purchase, which enabled me to read the fault codes
        Came in with the J106 relay fault, replaced with another and all is well.

Whether the ECU failed and pulled the relay with it, or the other way round, who knows
        1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
        2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
        1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
        1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
        1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
        1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
        1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
        1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

I also get an intermittent fault but had a code that had to do with the actual pump. I did get a secondhand pump but as the code went away I haven't replaced it.

Comment

Working...
          X