Which rear pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which rear pads?

What do you guys recommend for rear pads on our cars?
    Im going to be replacing the rear discs soon and i was just going to reuse the pads (they still have 80-90% meat left on them. But if i decide to replace them whilst i'm at it what do you recommend? Must be fairly cheap, good bite when cold but also offer reasonable performance when i'm hooning around B roads like a tit!

I have had EBC Redstuff on the rear before, and TBH i thought they were dog ship! They had zero bite when cold which was not only dangerous for the first few miles but i effectively had no park brake! So now i have Jurid on i think, which are ok...
    I still have Red stuff on the 996 fronts which are equally poo, unless you drive like Jason Plato ALL the time to keep the heat in them they turn to teflon, and even when hot they weren't exactly awesome! so i'll be changing the front for DS2500 with grooved discs, and i hope the performance change will be night and day...

Answers on a postcard, or if you dont fancy the postage just type your answer below...
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

DS2500 on mine but may run Yellowstuff next time round. Could get Mintex M1144 or Ferodo DS.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Good suggestions! Ive had Ferodo DS Performance on the front of my MK2 and they were pretty good... *goes off to find prices*
      Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
      03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
      01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

With ds2500 on the rear are you actually getting any extra braking bite from the rear....they back end is so lazy when it come to braking that I'm thinkg a brake bias would be better to install than better pads...just to try and shunt some of the effort to the back end. Unless you're driving like a racing driver then in reality the rears appear to be barely swept properly
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X