Weight of calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of calipers

Can anyone give an accurate or approx weight for a pair of the big red calipers please from boxter S etc...

LA Porsche breakers have quoted $250 for shipping!!!

i calculated i could send my clutch and cover plate to them for far less than that and that was a weight of 15kg surely a pair of calipers dont weigh that!?!?!

Thanks guys
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Ant, the calipers weigh 3.8 kilo's per caliper without brake pads fitted. Using Fed-Ex express rates, that would be about 95-110 GB.

HTH
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Yeh thought it would be a lot cheaper... i 'll go back to them and enquire more

Thanks Martyn
      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant how much are these looking to stand you in completely?? we have a pair of brand spankers at the office in stock we could do with moving on, if the shipping is a 100 ish, what are the calipers costing you? drop me a pm
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Have bought SidSpuds now....

The LA Breakers want $450 for the calipers (site lists them for $400 tho so maybe not many to be had) and with the exchange rate it looked to possibly be a bargain but with shipping so high ive decided against it unless they changed it of course then could be a bargain for others

I had already arranged they didnt send an invoice for full amount to help evade any import charges also.

http://911pcar.com/
          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
          X