Urgent ABS help required, schematic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent ABS help required, schematic.

Can anyone provide a schematic or two that shows how the 3B ABS dash switch is wired, from switch to wherever, control unit or pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

To provide some background, my cars abs didnt work following my aby conversion due to the fact i had 1994 engine, loom and dash loom. But retained the 1990 ABS. The 1990 car had a ABS dash switch whereas the 1994 didnt. Following the conversion my abs light was always on. So i removed the bulb, now 5 years later my MOT tester has noticed! So i suspect i need to wire in the dash switch in order to get it all running again. All in time for a retest and ADI...
    Other options are remove ABS completely, or take to a more "reasonable" MOT tester...

Comment

Anyone? Im particularly interested in the function of the yellow/blk wire from the dash switch and the blue wire in the blue connector under the dash. Schematics would be great if anyone has them?

Comment

This should be it
        http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/D/D26.PDF

Comment

Thanks bud, i couldn't find it for some reason.

Comment

Whilst it would be good to get your ABS working properly another short term solution would be to connect the ABS light to a timer module - the sort of thing you'd get from Maplin or off eBay so the ABS light comes on for 5 seconds everytime you turn the ignition on

Then there's the immobiliser and airbag warning lights that also come on at start up and go out just like the ABS light.................

John

Comment

Thanks to these schematics i started looking for the ABS combi relay (22), supposedly under the rear seat. I found after quite a while looking at wire colours that my combi relay should be under the dash. Lo and behold i found a relay socket with the right coloured wires an no relay fitted...

Once i find a relay from somewhere hopefully this will fix my permanently on ABS light.

FYI this should be a tall black relay with 349 printed on the top and a fuse in the top also. PN 8A0 927 826

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
                ...FYI this should be a tall black relay with 349 printed on the top and a fuse in the top also. PN 8A0 927 826..
                A 349 should look like this one from the driver's side kick panel of an UrS4.

I don't see a 349 in this RS2 relay panel. However, that "76" looks suspiciously potenitally similar. 8A0927826 is the PN for a double wide control module that was used in a lot of late 1980's Audis and the coupes, C4s, B3s and B4s with ABS. As a result, the "349" and 8A0927826 don't seem to go together. Only explanation would be they redesigned the 8A0927826 to be single wide at some point.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 6 October 2013, 17:14.
                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

My base car is a 1999 coupe, which is why it should be under the dash. I think on later b4's (like the rs2) relay 349 is under the back seat next to the ABS controller. Hopefully someone has a 349 relay in their garage that they can send me...

Comment

My base car is a 1999 coupe, which is why it should be under the dash. I think on later b4's (like the rs2) relay 349 is under the back seat next to the ABS controller. Hopefully someone has a 349 relay in their garage that they can send me...
                    1999? Typo? 1989?

Re-read my post again - I've edited it because the ABS relay shows as double wide but the 349 in my photo is obviously single wide. PN might be wrong or the "349" might be wrong.

If somebody pulled the relay that would be a red flag to me that there was an unresolved issue.

Dave F.

Comment

.. Hopefully someone has a 349 relay in their garage that they can send me...
                      Here is a link to an eBay advert that shows the 349 and the 8A0927826 PN. But single wide.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-AUDI-ELEC...-/110847323911

Comment

Cheers for your help! picked up a 349 (like in your pic) from all-audi and abs light now functions as it should. I have no idea why or when it was removed i suspect a dodgy relay in the past as its all working now. For info a 76 relay is an earlier version of 349 and it is also compatible.

Comment

are there some differences inside?
                          Audi Coupé Quattro 20V

Comment

Im not sure if 76 and 349 are different inside in some way, but they have very similar part number and are functionally interchangeable. 76 was also used on other earlier VAG cars.

Comment

We'll done getting this sorted!
                              Difficult really is worth doing, as you say.
                              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Working...
                              X