Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotor size for Big Reds

Hello,

I have front and rear Big Blacks from Porsche 928 GTS (similar to Big Reds from 993tt). My question is what is a maximum size of front and rear rotors to fit these calipers to 17" rims? Stock rotors are 322mm but it seems there is some space left between a caliper and a rim. I want to fill that space and to install as much bigger rotors as possible.
    The other question is what manufacturer and type of rotor do you suggest to use? I mean best for the price/heat dessimination criteria?

I think the biggest OEM is the 323x30mm A8 Disc.... could be wrong tho.

I know the big red 993 calipers are mounted on Porsche's with 332mm so bout 9mm more, but dnt think thee are any OEM discs that would fit.. ie same hat and pcd.

Not sure if you can get the porsche discs and adjust the bolt holes to fit??
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I don't have Audi. I just saw a discussion about these brakes here and decided to ask, maybe someone know. I have a JDM Toyota biturbo car. I'm sure I'll be able to fit any rotors with any PCD. I just need the maximum size. I had an idea to get 355mm rotors and grind their edges until it fit, but it's not a best idea to start with.

Comment

Discs are balanced, DO NOT GRIND THEM DOWN UNTIL THEY FIT, unless they are being correctly balanced but even then i dont like the sound of that idea.

355mm sounds way too big for inside 17" wheels, i would hazard a guess at saying you would need 18" at least for them.
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I agree entirely. Sure I can buy different rotor sizes and look what will fit, but since I'm not a billioner, this idea is also not very good. So maybe someone know?

Comment

It seems like I found the solution by myself. The maximum rotor size to clear with 17" rim is 335.28mm or 13.2''. Here is another problem goes: where to buy rotors of that or similar size :-)

Comment

Some 17" rims can support up to 345mm rotors.

Comment

Working...
              X