Brake warning fault! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning fault! HELP!!!

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and have recently bought my first S2 and not really sure if this is a brake or power steering fault so I've posted in both sections.
    Firstly my brake warning light is on constantly.
    First fault was power steering pump leaking from the x plug on top of the pump. Tried new seals with no luck so I replaced the pump with a new one. Shortly after the new pump started making a loud knocking/tapping noise which stops I you hold it on full lock. I sent the pump back which the manufacturer tested and returned as all ok! So I refitted and got exactly the same problem. The manufacturer then exchanged the pump for another new one. Which was fitted and still has the same issue. Loud knocking/tapping noise coming from the pump. It gets worse when the engine warms up. But again it stops when on full lock. I've cleaned the banjo bolts on the pump and on the bomb but this made no difference.
    Things I've noticed.
    •Apart from the knocking/tapping the steering works fine.
    •The brake warning light is on constantly.
    •If I keep pressing the brake with the engine off the power steering fluid level rises.
    •After running the engine and then turning off I can press the brake pedal around 15 times before it gets harder to press.

Many thanks in advance I hope someone can help me as I really am stuck on this now!

Check the sensor on top of the Power steering fluid reservoir. Sometimes these can stick down and can cause the alarm to beep constantly. if its sticking down all the time, take the cap off and clean it with brake cleaner and a very soft brush. WARNING: The nipples are fragile so are easy to bend. If you bend it, get a new cap as the bend will cause the sensor to stick and cause the alarm buzzer to constantly sound.

Also check the bomb is not leaking anywhere. And check the power steering hose to the bomb from the pump, these can fail at the ends too.

Comment

Brilliant!! The warning light is now off. Many thanks.
      Still have this nasty knocking/tapping noise though I'll check for leaks today but I'm pretty sure there isn't..

Comment

My pump sounds like a sewing machine, very annoying but works fine. If yours is new I would just keep on at the suppliers. Where did you get it and how much was it?

Comment

Working...
        X