314X30mm on rear brake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 314X30mm on rear brake.

Don't know if anyone ever done this on UrS6?
    Front 314X30mm
    Rear 269X20mm
    Both are almost identical on the overall height approx. 59.4-59.5mm
    The rotor is planning to be clamping with Rear 4pistons caliper from Cayenne S 4.5L
    Calipers.I already have 6pistons caliper on the front axle.it's the good time
    to match another 4pistons on the rear.I have the spare rear hub carrier.I'll be
    tested fitting and see what's going on whether requires the custom bracket or
    better grind off the overall Dia. of the disc down to bolt the caliper right up
    on the hub carrier.the Calipers can be clamping on the 30mm thickness flawlessly
    since the stock rear cayenne disc has 28mm on the thickness.

one of a few I5 from Asia.

Judging from the pictures there seems to be a lot of unused surface an brake disc with this setup, which in my opinion means that this size disc would be unnecesary. Maybe someone else can give a better opinion.

Comment

yes,there's some inner edge of the sliding face was unused at the moment since i still have not had them fitted
      on the hub carrier.As my stated,i need to check if the the caliper will require the custom bracket or resize the disc down
      to make the caliper bolt right up.if it needs to be resized the disc down.the unused surface on the inner edge will be
      narrower.from my experiences,i think i could fit the caliper on the stock 314X30mm front rotor.once i got the free time,
      we would know what's coming up.
      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
        yes,there's some inner edge of the sliding face was unused at the moment since i still have not had them fitted
        on the hub carrier.As my stated,i need to check if the the caliper will require the custom bracket or resize the disc down
        to make the caliper bolt right up.if it needs to be resized the disc down.the unused surface on the inner edge will be
        narrower.from my experiences,i think i could fit the caliper on the stock 314X30mm front rotor.once i got the free time,
        we would know what's coming up.
        What do you exactly mean when you say resize the disc? Buying a smaller one or machining this disc to smaller diameter? I hope its not second option

Comment

Have a look at rear disc size on the Carrera and GT3 etc, see what they used.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
          X