Big brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big brakes

There are alot of threads around on brakes, and nowdays there are alot of calipers around from various cars, old and new.

Seems hard to find the spacing though.

Does anyone know the brake caliper bolt spacing for struts?

HP2 C4 struts take cayenne calipers bolt on. I've found one place list the spacing as 130mm, and one as 145mm?

Whats a standard C4 strut? 112mm? Think that's the same as S2?

Fiat coupe Brembo 130mm bolt spacing, 304mm disc, 38 and 42mm piston sizes, 4 pot.
    E38 BMW Brembo 112mm bolt spacing 40 and 44mm piston sizes 334mm by 32mm thick 4 pot.
    Maserati GT3200/4200 Brembo 4 pots use a 112mm spacing, 330mm x 32mm disc

Both of these can be had pretty cheap at the moment.

Most Merc stuff can be retro fitted to older Mercs, and they run a 112mm bolt spacing if I remember correctly. Meaning off the shelf 4, 6, and 8 pot caliper conversions. Not all are the same.

So if people are using ML Discs for a 17" cayenne 6 pot conversion on b/c4/5's the 4 pots from that setup should also fit.

Obviously there are the various Porsche options, but most need brackets.

as a general rule of thumb for porsche caliper bolt hole centres are either 130 or 142mm....dependant on caliper choice...

are you after a particular set up or looking at other options?....

Comment

Just found myself looking at brake threads over and over for the Audi, the Merc, all sorts. When looking up the spacings its almost as if brake calipers have been standardised into only a few gaps, but none of the information is in the same place. Also no one seems to look outside the VAG box on VW/Audi's. No one seems to look outside the Merc box when fitting big brakes to Mercs.

I'm going to go measure the Merc spacing shortly, but looks like they bolt onto S2s? Also possibly the stock C4 strut? Lots of decent Merc calipers around...

Comment

Working...
      X