X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 S2, stood for 4 years!

I have just purchased a 1995 S2 coupe,
    It had been stood for at least 4 years.
    The car started and cleaned up nicely, but the power steering, was very stiff!
    After messing about, lock to lock, and a driving it up and down the drive, the steering come too.
    But I found that I don't seem to have any Brake servo assistance!
    Being new to S2's, I obviously, couldn't find the servo, upon looking it up, I found it had the power steering pump assistance!!
    Has anyone come across this before, I have, what looks to be a Brake light, bulb failure warning on the dash, but that's it!
    There is no assistance what so ever, no matter if the engine running or not!
    Help!!!!

No pressure in brake bomb or pas fluid low
    Check it s got the correct fluid in, don't top up with pink stuff cos it won't like it
    I have a spare bomb if you need one

Comment

Thanks Blue Quattro, it looks to have 2/3 a full reservoir.
      I'm starting to wonder if some dirt has fouled the pipes to servo!
      The power steering pump belt, was fitted V up when I got it, so slackened it off, and fitted it correctly.
      But no power steering still, until I run it lock to lock, quite a few times!
      Where do the pipes to the brake servo run, where does it "T Off", or come direct from the P/s pump?

Comment

My mate fitted a new pump to a 1.8 cab and bled the system while it was on the ground, there was a blockage and the strain split the new pump open
        I always take wheels off ground when bleeding
        Just follow the pipes to look where they join, I'm breaking an s2 so can take pictures if you send me an address as radiator out and a good view of stuff

Comment

Ok, will do!
          Will check fluid and all the pipes tomorrow.
          Blow banjo's out etc.
          Thanks for your help, will contact you with any parts needed.
          Cheers

Comment

Check out Paul's excellent site S2central.net http://s2central.net/ - it has a wealth of information in addition to this fab site of course

JB
            2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
            1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

The brake assistance may need some time to charge the bomb. The bomb could also be totally discharged if its years old, in which case you might not be able to recover it. I would flush the system, put in new fluid and run the engine for a while to see if it charges up

We also need to see some pics of your purchase. We like pics

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Pictures and prices did you get a bargain

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh16v View Post
                  ..But I found that I don't seem to have any Brake servo assistance! Being new to S2's, I obviously, couldn't find the servo, upon looking it up, I found it had the power steering pump assistance!!...
                  Here is a link to some C4 UrS4/S6 power brake system info (basically the same as the S2 system), for reading reference (note the imbedded hyperlinks to DIYs, etc): http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/25095.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=348

Comment

Nice buy with some tlc that will be sweet

Comment

I've bought it, ł cleaned it up, changed oil and filter, changed hydrolic oil, it was full of Psf,
                        And put some fibreglass in the front wings, just to get it Mot'd, until I order 2 new wings.
                        Brake assistance is slightly better, but needed to really press the pedal down Hard, thought seat was going to snap!
                        It's getting there!!

Comment

Wheels are ugly as sin, hoping to get the originals, and maybe some larger period alloys for it!
                          The Missis isn't impressed with it, so not sure what the plan is after new wings!

Comment

Once you get the brakes sorted you'll really enjoy driving it. Like the pictures. Welcome!
                            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

They are good quality cars mate, just a bit of TLC and you've got a solid car

I replaced my brake bomb for piece of mind, I think about 200GBP or somewhere around that, it is specific between the 3B and ABY model, did you flush the system well? Good luck
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                              X