Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standard S2 - Rear brake caliper seized !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard S2 - Rear brake caliper seized !!

As above, is it an expensive fix, car was stood in wet weather for two days then cold winds, all brakes seized but the nearside is still sticking and getting very hot within 2/3 miles of town driving !!!

Any ideas of a solution to this one?

Stocky

take everything apart and apply some brake lubricant(or whatever it is called in ing)on the are where the brake pads slide over! and make sure you take a file and file away the rust at the same places! on the saddle aswel as on the pads ,and take some off the sides to prevent sqeeking!.

if that doesnt help than there might be a valve near the abs pump wich makes sure that the pressure remains on the rear brakes! im not sure if S2 had one of those as well but i've experienced that it blokked! result was smoke from mij rear brakes.

suc 6

Comment

Originally posted by Stocky
      As above, is it an expensive fix, car was stood in wet weather for two days then cold winds, all brakes seized but the nearside is still sticking and getting very hot within 2/3 miles of town driving !!!

Any ideas of a solution to this one?

Stocky

Sounds like the normal corrosion getting into the return spring mechanism which ******s up the auto-adjust mechanism on rear calipers.

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

My passenger side is also suffering with this, gonna see about fixing this at the weekend, otherwise will just replace both rears when i fit the new fronts.
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
        X