Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urs4 (ufo's) to porche brake conversion

*urs4 porche brake conversion

Alright guys im looking at doing a porche front brake conversion on the s4, thing is the coversion bracket, I know apikol sell one for $240 but I have someone who could make some if I can get the right measurements and specifications :-) so my massive favour is if anyone has made brought or fitted any of these brackets and could share some info :-) thanks in advance Ade

UFO Brake conversion.

You have to decide which Porsche calipers you want to use. Popdemonic's brake update uses the Cayenne 6-piston caliper & it is essentially bolt-up & go.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=brakes

Currently I am doing the exact same thing on a set of UFO brake uprights. I am using a 347mm Audi A6 rotor. Just needed to use a spacer to correctly center the rotor. These calipers will require 18' wheels too. Currently waiting on a part to verify a measurement before starting a "how to" thread.
    HTH, Chris
    Attached Files
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Porsche Boxster (986) brake calipers over OEM Audi 312x25mm rotor

Thats what im lookin at, but i am also toying with the idea of replaceing them with the hp2 caliper (cheaper option)

Comment

s4

will be very interested in this for my v8 ufo , i think spink had a mounting bracket set up made for a boxster conversion,,on an old 100q

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          will be very interested in this for my v8 ufo , i think spink had a mounting bracket set up made for a boxster conversion,,on an old 100q
          A mate cnc'd them for me but I doubt he still has the sizes plus the mounting pitch will be wrong

The only pair ever made were on the golden goddess I sold to you, have you still got it (in its black form?)

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
            A mate cnc'd them for me but I doubt he still has the sizes plus the mounting pitch will be wrong
            On the 100 they were just about identical to an S2 bracket for 314 discs IIRC.
            For a UFO strut im not sure, never measured one.

Comment

s4

Originally posted by spink View Post

The only pair ever made were on the golden goddess I sold to you, have you still got it (in its black form?)
              still got it , changed the front struts to s4 hp2 set up, could not stand the porsche brake squeal any longer , plus the discs were shagged,typically now have a v8 saloon with ufo set up , work fine but look awful, porsche or hp2 again,,

Comment

Working...
              X