trying to identify my front brake disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to identify my front brake disks

Hello, My front brake pads are FDB891, does anyone know what disks I should buy off ebay to swap my knackered ones out? Ta!

Originally posted by bernsaudi View Post
    Hello, My front brake pads are FDB891, does anyone know what disks I should buy off ebay to swap my knackered ones out? Ta!
    Does anyone know what caliper and brackets you are running on which car?

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by bernsaudi View Post
      891 is the Ferodo pad shape for RS2 and 911 (964/993) turbo front pads (and a few others) so could be one of those? They're basically a Brembo pad, and also the same as used in the Mov'it big brake conversion for S2's.

You can verify the pad shape/dimensions/etc from the Ferodo catalogues (here: http://www.ferodoracing.com/catalogue/download-pdf/) which helpfully has a section at the back with diagrams and so on. If you download and then search for 891 it'll go through all the cars for which it applies and then eventually to the diagram towards the back.

For discs it will depend on what calipers/setup you're running. Assuming that is is one of those described above then some form of RS2, 993 or Mov'it disc, probably 28mm - 32mm thick, 314mm - 322mm diameter. Need more info to narrow between those.

FYI re: pads if they are the same, then the Ferodo equivalents are:
      standard road pad ("DS Performance"): FDS891
      DS2500 (track day / fast road): FCP891H
      DS3000 (race, not road suitable): FCP891R
      many other alternatives available: for example I'm running Carbone Lorraine RC5+ day-to-day and RC6 for track days. Have used Textar and Pagid in the past.
      avoid the Lucas ones - fade at the first opportunity.
      Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Can i install you into my laptop? or my top pocket! Great answer.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I just fitted some disks from kms.....FRONT BRAKE DISC (V) A8,A8Q 2.8i-4.2i 10/98- (323X30MM) AUDI A8 SALOON 94-02 SA £35 each. I am looking into replacement calipers to go with this setup and would be interested to find out what options I have in the resonable price bracket, much as I would wish for carbon ceramic I cant afford it .

Comment

Working...
          X