Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 Quattro (Type 89) Caliper conversion

Hiya.

I've been doing a bit of searching and cant find a definitive answer, so fingers crossed someone will know, (you guys seem to be the Audi equivalent of Club gti).

I've just bought and Audi 90 quattro (type89) with an S2 engine, though the brakes are as i understand the girling G60.

Now i see theres a lot of info on 996 calipers to S2 hubs using RS2 carriers, would this work for the quattro, or ae the hubs different.

If so i know of a firm in germany (epytec) who make conversion carriers for G60 / 16v hubs. Would anyone know if the offset on the hub / disc differs between the MK2 golf g60 / 16v hub to that of the quattro.

This is all completely new to me (mk2 golfs are more my deal)

Regards

Welcome, any pics of your purchase?

There is info on here for 4x108 Porsche brakes conversion using Focus RS discs. If you have G60 brakes at the moment does that mean it was a 90q 20V originally?

Comment

Hiya.

Thanks for the reply.

The car originally was a NA 2.3 I beleive (I'll be honest I've not had too much chance to do any digging this week).

So would i be right in assuming that as it has G60 callipers , then the conversion you have mentioned should work, i've been looking at a couple of the sticky threads.

Comment

Oh and no pics as yet, it's been sat in the unit since last weekend, though will follow shortly.

Comment

Boxster S calipers, Focus RS mk1 discs 324mm ( hone out centre to fit hub and about 2mm extra on wheel nut holes...) Bambridge caliper brackets, a bit of fannying on with brake pipes and Roberts your dad's brother.... HTH

Comment

I guess bambridge is a user on here (sorry for being a little thick, I spent all day yesterday at a beer festival).

Is that part numbers 996.351.425. and 996.351.426 or 996.352.521 and 996.352.522?

Comment

are you in the north east somewhere mikey? was a beer festival up this way yesterday thats all lol

Comment

He is and 425/6...

Comment

Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
                  are you in the north east somewhere mikey? was a beer festival up this way yesterday thats all lol
                  I'm south east fella. Drank more ale, bitters and lager than i care to remember.

Bazburn, nice one, have found him and sent a message. Seems to be enough calipers kicking about and not vicious prices either.

Comment

isnt this one is it?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69854

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                      Thats the one, that turbo was never fitted in the end and the brembos were removed as something wasnt quite right.

Comment

Working...
                      X