996 conversion - Hose length from strut to caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 996 conversion - Hose length from strut to caliper

Can anyone give me an answer as to how long the hose from strut to caliper needs to be? I intend to retain the flexi from body to strut AND the hard line around the strut.

Looking to order today but everyone seems to do away with one (or both) of those lines or run a hard line.

I was thinking about 200-210mm

Thanks.

300mm according to this drawing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399643199.764944.jpg
    (PDF here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...515#post447515 )
    Ignoring the scribbles... I can't say that I'm 100% certain that its 300mm though as I put in a single 800mm hose all the way to the body but the original drawing was from somewhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by mouse View Post
      300mm according to this drawing [ATTACH]46713[/ATTACH]
      (PDF here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...515#post447515 )
      Ignoring the scribbles... I can't say that I'm 100% certain that its 300mm though as I put in a single 800mm hose all the way to the body but the original drawing was from somewhere on this forum.

Thanks mouse, yeah, I saw that but can't figure out where the extra length comes into play when the hose it replaces is less than 200mm

When using the single length, how did you mount it securely around the strut?

Comment

familiar drawing that.....I've actually gone the other route and got a single piece from the body to the caliper located into the bracket on the leg..

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post

get a grommet fitted to the hose and widen slot the bracket on the strut to suit

Comment

So 800mm from body to caliper is the correct length if I was going that route?

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
              Thanks mouse, yeah, I saw that but can't figure out where the extra length comes into play when the hose it replaces is less than 200mm

I thought it was because the 996 calipers have their hose connection further away from the hardline on the strut than the standard brakes. But as I said I can't be sure if 300mm is right.

800mm is what I have for the single hose on mine. I took a couple of photos showing the way the fixings were done on mine (not by me personally).
              The first 2 photos are from the rear of the left side front strut and the 3rd photo is from the front of the same strut.
              ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399645955.639283.jpg
              ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399645972.406043.jpg
              ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399646016.627552.jpg

Comment

That's very helpful, thanks!

Comment

I just got some made up by HEL.
                  745mm total length, 20deg swept banjo on the caliper end, M10x1 swivel female circlip at the chassis end, 2x rubber support grommets in the middle.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    I just got some made up by HEL.
                    745mm total length, 20deg swept banjo on the caliper end, M10x1 swivel female circlip at the chassis end, 2x rubber support grommets in the middle.
                    I don't suppose they gave you a spec sheet of exactly what you got?
                    There is a HEL dealer/fitter near me and was thinking about getting some made but didn't really want them to fit them.

Comment

I ordered mine direct from HEL, I spec'd them, as above
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alex-How much were they?

Martin-want to get 2 pairs at once?
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Ordered mine here yesterday : http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/create-...rake-hose.html

Comment

Working...
                          X