Coupe s2 rear brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe s2 rear brakes

Started blasting some urs4 rear brakes for the coupe to get rid of the porsche brakes that needed a wheel spacer for the rim to clear the caliper and the tire touching the inner fender.
    So noticed the c4 s4 brake disc offset is not ok.I know about a8 rear brake conversion but i had those c4 s4 and needed a quick rear brake setup.
    Needed 40mm disc height(the inner friction part to outer part where wheel sits).Found in bosch catalogue some mercedes discs 5x112 patern 276mm diameter(s4 are 269,no problem will machine)/40mm height(exactly what i needed)/22mm thick(no prob will machine them to 20mm),67mm inner(on s2 68,no problem will machine)

Ordered 2 new ferodo discs and...not good...46mm total height.The supplier drawing was showing 40mm,the bosch code also 40mm do not know why it was 46mm.
    I needed something fast and started machining:
    1.Caliper adaptor inner and outer parts cleared about 3mm
    2.One side of the disc also 2mm leaving the other intact
    3.OD from 276 to 269
    4.Inner diameter from 67 to 68

Now i am good to go,leaving 300 mm disc conversion for??sometime
    Do not worry about the machined part of the disc,it is still as thick as a urs4 disc.
    The other part could be machined too,but that will get to a 18mm disc so almost to wear limit?Also the outer pad has no danger of slipping between the disc and carrier when it will wear,because disc is now very close to carrier on the inner part and 2mm?on the outer.Will make pics on the car tomorrow and also give the code of the bosch.I am sure 40 mm height can be found and only OD and ID needs machining...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pasbogdan; 12 May 2014, 22:31.

Bolt-on 5-lugs rear brakes for a coupe89 Q:

A4 B5 Quattro rear hubs
    S8 280mm discs
    S8 caliper carrier
    UrS4/UrS6 calipers.

A4 B5 Quattro rear hubs are 8mm higher than stock ones. Theoretically a spacer for stock hubs can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
      Bolt-on 5-lugs rear brakes for a coupe89 Q:

A4 B5 Quattro rear hubs
      S8 280mm discs
      S8 caliper carrier
      UrS4/UrS6 calipers.

A4 B5 Quattro rear hubs are 8mm higher than stock ones. Theoretically a spacer for stock hubs can be made.
      or an other similar:

Audi B5 A4 rear hub (because the offset, like you said)
      Audi urS4/6 rear calipers
      Audi B5 S4 rear caliper brackets
      Audi B5 S4 vented brake disk
      sigpic

Comment

Getting the hub outer will mean 18 inch,et 30,8.5 j will touch the fender.So no way to use those wheels.
        Maybe with 225 tires?

Comment

Probably yes on wide tyres. I have seen such setup only on small wheels like 205/55-16 ET30 and it was perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X