rs2 big brakes, discs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs2 big brakes, discs??

I know there are a few stickys on this subject, I have read them, and still have an unanswered question.

it seems the Porsche 965 front discs will fit fine just not fully floating as original.

the problem is the rears. I would like drilled if possible. it seems the rears from Porsche 965 are the right size and drilled, but is the hat height correct?

part number 96535204100. they look shallow compared to some of the other options which are 20mm out hat height.

can anyone confirm if Porsche 965 (964 turbo) are correct for the rear, and if not, options for the correct rear disc with correct hat height.

many thanks
    nick

Nick,

I will be at home in a short while and I can give you some part numbers of porsche 928 discs (drilled) which will work. I have boxter s monoblocks on the back of my RS2 and it uses the same dics.

Just upgrading to 6 pot fronts so on the look out for matching discs.

Stand by...

PAUL

Comment

Rear of RS2 is 928, zimmerman do drilled rears, I ran porsche boxster rear calipers and GT3 fronts. Every other porsche has a different hat height

Comment

Nick,

I will be at home in a short while and I can give you some part numbers of porsche 928 discs (drilled) which will work. I have boxter s monoblocks on the back of my RS2 and it uses the same dics.

Just upgrading to 6 pot fronts so on the look out for matching discs.

Stand by...

PAUL

Comment

Nick,
          This is what I have on my RS2 now.. hope it helps

Paul

BRAKES
          Front
          911 GT3 Monoblock Calipers 996.351.429.10 / 996.351.430.10

Porsche 911 Turbo S Discs (965) 965.351.045.00 / 965.351.046.00

Pads 996.351.940.12

Caliper Support Brackets Custom

Rear
          Boxter S Rear Monoblock Calipers 996 352 421

Porsche 928 S4 Drilled & Ventilated 951 352 041 01

Pads 999 073 40201

Caliper Support Brackets Custom

Handbrake Shoes 996 352 993 01/1

Comment

that's great cheers, will those discs work as bolt on option with my big red fronts, and std rear calipers? I know the fronts are right, but its the rear hat height im trying to make sure are right with the 928 discs and my std calipers on the rear.

I can get fronts no issue from ecp, if I cant get the rears, wheres best to find them? design 911 sell these which look right to me
            http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod72...28S4---928GTS/

but im sure I read somewhere this part number was not the correct hat height??

many thanks
            nick

Comment

Nick
              I had standard reds so when I went to the GT3 monoblocks On the front I needed custom brackets, not sure if the big reds uses the same brackets as the GT3 monoblocks .

Same problem on the rear, I went from standard RS2 rears to boxter s monoblocks with custom brackets, I think they are the same discs as the standard rears...

Sorry, it's not a simple answer but hope it helps a bit !

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X