No announcement yet.

Need help with Porsche Brake Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very similar caliper to the ones used on the 944 turbo.
    Monoblocks are far superior
    :nana:
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by MikQuattro
      Depends on whether I can afford new tyres for my RS2 wheels before I get my car back on the road...
      RS2 :confused: You mean RS4 Wheels
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Marco, cheers mate, I appreciate that... These definitely aren't the "big brakes" that everyone seems to upgrade to, but they're definitely better than what I have...

Corey, maybe, but at the price I paid for these I have absolutely no problems with them at all....:nana:

Doug, lol.....mistake is corrected....
        Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
        Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Yup - know the feeling Mik - I would love to spend £700 on a brake upgrade but its impossible financially right now so you make do woth what you can and at the end of the day - they are brembos!

I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced set of brembos and i'll find someone to machine a bracket for me....

Cheers,

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

>I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced set of brembos and i'll find someone to machine a bracket for me....

WHAT AM I too costly?
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

There you go Mik,
              yours seem REALLY close to my rear RS2 ones.
              Here are some pics, then will follow some specs to compare with.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pic #2
                Attached Files

Comment

pic #3
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic #4
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your cilinders diameter looks much bigger, though.

Mine is ~26mm for the biggest and ~24mm for the smallest;

Bolt pattern is 93,5 mm (should be the same as for the S2);

- On back side shell codes are :

Left side:
                      2 then 93 inside the circle;
                      on bottom 20.4872.00

Right side:
                      43 inside the circle;
                      Y27 inside the rectangle;

- On front side shell codes are :

Left side:
                      2 then 93 inside the circle;
                      on bottom 20.4872.02

Right side:
                      48 inside the circle;
                      W30 inside the rectangle;

Thats it m8.

Marco

Comment

Marco, thanks a lot for that...

The cylinders look about the same size but my pistons look a lot bigger, and they're different also... Other than that the caliper looks identical.

Our numbers are quite a bit different however. On the caliper I'm holding right now, on the Porsche side I have an 85 in a circle on one end and a 45 in a circle on the other above the number 20 4557 00. On the brembo side I have an 85 in a circle on one end and a 43 in a circle on the other above the number 20 4558 06. No numbers in rectangles that I can see.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, or even if it matters...

Thanks again for the help!
                        Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
                        Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

COREY: What i mean is I don't have the funds for yours or any brake kit But from time to time you do come across stuff on ebay that is cheap enought to make it just about viable but the missing link is always how to bolt it to the car.....

No offence - if i had the money kicking around i'd have already ordered. Simple as that

Cheers,

David
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Porsche Calipers

Mik

Finished putting my brakes together last night and made a note of some dimensions and part numbers. Dimensions may not be exact due to difficult in getting the vernier inside the caliper, but they will be a very good guide.
                            Mounting Brackets
                            Part Number is GSA 8AO 615 126A didn't check ift it's the same number for both brackets, but I'm sure Martyn will know.
                            Centre to centre holes for the bracket to caliper bolts 130mm with spacers of 7mm. I'm running 315mm discs.

Pistons & Seals
                            Pistons are 44mm and 36mm diameters. Both are 32mm tall. I know Porsche do another size small piston. I think 38mm diameter.
                            The part numbers on the dustcovers are small 20487244 and large, damn, forgot to write it down. Will have to post that on Monday.
                            Piston settings in caliper. Pistons centre to centre 62.26mm. Distance between inside edges of piston bores 22mm. Distance between inside edges of dust cover holes 11.1mm.

Hope this info is useful. If you need to know anything else about them, let me know.

Alistair

Comment

Working...
                            X