Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 brakes

My car has standard RS2 brake set up.
    I am interested to know which porsche calipers will fit as direct exchange for present front ones.
    I have searched and read many a thread however most cover bigger brake set ups.

I dont need recommendations that involve 'better' specs.

Just info such as 'porsche boxster 1996 front is direct exchange etc'

The plan is to go down this line in the future with a more modern caliper to avoid some of the well recognised issues with alloy 'corrosion' build up that occur.

Thanks
    Alastair
    RS2

I'd be interested to know the answer to this aswell. It would be good if monoblocks could be fitted.
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_RS2
      I'd be interested to know the answer to this aswell. It would be good if monoblocks could be fitted.
      @ pete: using the rs2 caliper carrier, 996 monoblocks will fit, but the rotor would need to be smaller and unfortunately it would need to be custom
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

I'm using the standard RS2 front caliper on my S2 hub - I've used the standard A8 disc, which has been reduced down to 304mm. Everything then just bolts straight on - the A8 disc is the same PCD - 5x112mm, the RS2 caliper carrier fits the RS2 caliper and you're laughing.
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
          I'm using the standard RS2 front caliper on my S2 hub - I've used the standard A8 disc, which has been reduced down to 304mm. Everything then just bolts straight on - the A8 disc is the same PCD - 5x112mm, the RS2 caliper carrier fits the RS2 caliper and you're laughing.
          Sorry I should have made things clear. I have an RS2 with standard set up. What I need to know is which porsche calipers (pref more modern monobloc type) will bolt straight on. I can accept alternative discs if they are c/w porsche/RS2 hub.

I could go to big reds however they are likely to have similar issues re alloy 'corrosion' which I would like to avoid.

I would also like to fit porsche pads as standard RS2 calipers take a thinner pad which means messing around trimming to size.

If you talk to RS2 owners, after the handbrake, brake overhaul issues are a big moan.

Given labour rates etc there is a degree of false economy in regular overhauls if there is a more modern alternative.
          Last edited by alg; 27 January 2005, 16:19.
          Alastair
          RS2

Comment

Alastair, i guess you can use the 993TT disk then?? Monobloc calipers should fit fine.

Comment

@alg: The only thing that I can verify then is that the 996 C2/4 monoblock calipers bolt right up the the RS2 caliper carriers. Don't know about rotors, though.
              Joe "NoNonsense"
              axis motorsport
              joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Does that mean I can use 993tt disc with 996 C2/4 monobloc calipers ?

Got any part numbers guys ?
                Alastair
                RS2

Comment

I think you have to use the bells from your RS2 still, and bolt the 993 disks to them

Comment

Aye, but we are talking bolt on and go ? With no major faffing around ?
                    Alastair
                    RS2

Comment

Alastair,

Make sure to let me know if you ever get to the bottom of this. As a fellow RS2 owner I have the same concerns.
                      Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                      Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                        Alastair, i guess you can use the 993TT disk then?? Monobloc calipers should fit fine.
                        993 tt discs are 322mm and they are big brake upgrade for rs2 also they will not fit rs2 cos hub is wrong offset.
                        I think standard rs2 front brakes are 944t and 928s.
                        I had big problem with my standard brakes and I got my self big brake upgrade for the same price as standard or cheaper. I had to do it the hard way cos no part numbers and as you did not know what porsche brakes they where, took me few weeks to find correct stuff but at the end of the day I am very happy with current brake set up.
                        If any one interested I can share information how to do big brake upgrade without any mods, everything bolt on.
                        Thx
                        ____
                        Rob
                        sigpic_________
                        Rob

Comment

Does this list I sourced from RS246 forum apply to standard or big red option. Not clear from original post. Interesting to see what a porsche mix it is and not a 968 code to be seen. Although that may be explained if 968 used existing porsche brake parts.

Porsche Part List for Audi RS2

Brake Parts

Front Discs 928 351 043 60
                          928 351 044 60
                          Front Pads 993 351 939 01
                          Front sensors 928 612 365 01
                          Damp Pads Front 964 351 096 01
                          964 351 096 00
                          Upper Caliper Plates 993 351 959 01
                          Front Caliper Bolts 900 067 154 02

Rear Discs 951 351 041 01
                          Rear Pads 964 351 939 03
                          Rear sensors 928 612 363 01
                          Rear Damp Plates 964 352 096 00
                          964 352 096 01
                          Upper Caliper plates 993 352 959 00
                          Rear Caliper Bolts 900 082 077 02
                          Alastair
                          RS2

Comment

Originally posted by robo
                            If any one interested I can share information how to do big brake upgrade without any mods, everything bolt on.
                            Thx
                            ____
                            Rob
                            Rob would be very useful to know that information with all the Porsche part nos. etc. So if you don't mind sharing it I would be grateful.
                            Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2

Comment

Originally posted by alg
                              Does this list I sourced from RS246 forum apply to standard or big red option. Not clear from original post. Interesting to see what a porsche mix it is and not a 968 code to be seen. Although that may be explained if 968 used existing porsche brake parts.

Porsche Part List for Audi RS2

Brake Parts

Front Discs 928 351 043 60
                              928 351 044 60
                              Front Pads 993 351 939 01
                              Front sensors 928 612 365 01
                              Damp Pads Front 964 351 096 01
                              964 351 096 00
                              Upper Caliper Plates 993 351 959 01
                              Front Caliper Bolts 900 067 154 02

Rear Discs 951 351 041 01
                              Rear Pads 964 351 939 03
                              Rear sensors 928 612 363 01
                              Rear Damp Plates 964 352 096 00
                              964 352 096 01
                              Upper Caliper plates 993 352 959 00
                              Rear Caliper Bolts 900 082 077 02
                              That would all make perfect sense then, just a combination of parts from the 928, 944t, 968, 964 and 993!! No wonder it is difficult to fathom.
                              Can we verify those part nos.? Part nos. for the callipers & source would be helpful too.
                              Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2

Comment

Working...
                              X