No announcement yet.

Occasional hard brake pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just fitted the new servo today and bled the whole system. Brakes seem to be working fine now had no hairy moments where I had no assistance at all today. Hopefully it is a success if an expensive one!
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

New OE servo? Paying for that must have been a painful experience
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        New OE servo? Paying for that must have been a painful experience
        Sure was..but I have brakes now and it's great to say it is safe to drive the car again. Had a hairy momeny two weeks ago at 200km/h when the brake pedal went hard
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
          Had a hairy momeny two weeks ago at 200km/h when the brake pedal went hard
          Whoa, so you had to shell out for a new Servo and new pants. An expensive week for sure.

Is the OEM Servo still avail from Audi or did you have to hunt around for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
            Whoa, so you had to shell out for a new Servo and new pants. An expensive week for sure.

Is the OEM Servo still avail from Audi or did you have to hunt around for it?
            A very expensive week but took the car out again this morning. Brakes were fine apart from not having solved the ABS issue yet but in due time

OEM servo still available from Audi, Pete from Quattro Corner got one for me as Audi locally were less than helpful as always
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

What's the ABS issue?
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Had the rear hubs blasted and powdered. When I fit the new sensors in the gap must have been set incorrectly.

I do have two new rear cv joints to fit and then adjust the gap correctly but didn't have time this week as our garage has been very busy but we should be quiet next week over the Christmas period
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

The bigger rear discs can cause a little easier ABS cut in but only in a normal sense.

When you say the ABS cuts in, do you just feel the pedal pulse? That's a sign the servo is kaput, so it may have been solved.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    The bigger rear discs can cause a little easier ABS cut in but only in a normal sense.

When you say the ABS cuts in, do you just feel the pedal pulse? That's a sign the servo is kaput, so it may have been solved.
                    Actually I have an ABS light on because the sensor was gapped incorrectly
                    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Ah
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                      X