• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urs4/urs6 brake questions?

Do any of you know of any good performancelightweight rotors
    for boxster s front big brake kit on a urs6. Also if I use the boxster
    S caliper on the rear is their a parking brake kit out there that is plug
    and play like the brembo one for the b5? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you checked out what Apikol offers for the C4 UrS4/S6?

http://www.apikol.com/index.php/prod...-brackets.html

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I have their brackets and some boxster S calipers. I'm looking for some good lightweight cross drilled and slotted rotors for them.
      Also for the boxster s calipers in the rear it deletes the factory parking brake so I would have to find an aftermarket parking brake.

Comment

Originally posted by orignalS60 View Post
        I have their brackets and some boxster S calipers. I'm looking for some good lightweight cross drilled and slotted rotors for them.
        Also for the boxster s calipers in the rear it deletes the factory parking brake so I would have to find an aftermarket parking brake.
        Other than bling, there is no real need to upgrade the rear brakes on an UrS4/S6. New rotors and some semi-metallic pads and you are good to go.

As for the rotors for the Boxster S, you should ask Apikol. Back in the day when BIRA was active, if I remember correctly, the Boxster S was the same caliper as the 996 Carrera. BIRA had a System 3 which used BIRA brackets and was described as:

"System 3: Uses the Porsche 996 Carrera 4-piston monobloc caliper over the European A8 314x30mm rotor. Fits the '92-97 S4/S6, 2C(1), '92-'94 V8(1). Fits under 16" wheels."

Good luck finding a 314 x 30 rotor in NAmerica. The 314 x 30 A8Q rotor is PN 441615301AA. This is the same rotor that was used on the Euro UrS4/S6s (AAN and V8s) using the all-cast iron HP2 calipers (Not to be confused with the B5 S4 HP2 calipers). I just tried Amazon with 441615301AA and came up dry.

Good luck.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yeah I guess 4 pistons in the rear might be overkill but the stopping power on my urS now is ****.
          That's probably a given though for having old budget pads and rotors. For the front I bought the boxster
          S calipers with the Apikol brackets. I can easily find the 323mm A8 rotors but I wanted something that
          would perform a little better. Also maybe look a little less plain. In the rear I'm probably going to run
          Thuppu's rear brake brackets and some 310mm rotors. Also EBC yellowstuff pads all around with braided
          brake lines. If there really is no viable aftermarket options I guess I'll get in contact with Adam's Rotors.
          I don't know if any of you guys know of this company or ever heard of them. They make custom rotors for
          Audi mostly but also other makes.

Comment

Any links to 'Adam's Rotors' ?

Thanks.

Comment

http://www.adamsrotors.com.

Also I think I found stop tech rotors, EBC, and SP performance that fit Audi's and the urS.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                Other than bling, there is no real need to upgrade the rear brakes on an UrS4/S6.
                I'll guess the same states also for the front brakes? Why change perfectly fine working brakes? No problems in daily baby... driving. Why even modify and tune the engine when 230hp is way more than what you need when you drive to Walmart..?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Thuppu what do u have for the rears? I'm already running the front Apikol boxter s setup, and the rears are due for replacement/upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I run 330x22mm discs with Touareg 4-pot Brembo calipers. A little bit overkill, but they are a nice pair with the Touareg 18z fronts(360x34mm discs).

Previous I was using 310x22mm discs with stock calipers and adapters. Was really pleased with them. Gives some more brake force to the rear, but has no problems with lockup. Did use them in daily driving, slippery winter, on trackdays etc. Really well working upgrade(for silly money) that gives little more than just bling.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I'm running thuppus 310mm rear setup and it's great! The handbrake no longer needs yanked out of the floor to hold the car in a steep hill. Hell I can now lock the rear wheels with the handbrake if I want too.

Comment

Thuppu what did you do for the parking brake with the 4 piston rear Calipers?
                        If I can find details on how to retain the parking brake I'll probably throw my
                        boxster S on the rear and some 17z's up front.

Comment

I don't have the parking brake yet.

Working on a diy caliper solution, but havn't had time for it lately. Need to be done before next MOT in july though.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                          X