Wanted... O/side Rear Caliper for 94 S2 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted... O/side Rear Caliper for 94 S2 Coupe

Does anyone have one of these in working order going spare?? Please PM me with details as soon as possible..... car failed MOT on this and tax is due at end of month!!!!

It never rains.......!!!

I believe these are available for reasonable price from GSF from what i have heard, cant confirm price or part number tho.

What exactly is wrong with the caliper as you can get repair kits for these from dealer.
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Thanks Ant,
      Basically it's seized up and even after an attempt to free the thing (which did improve it a little) it is still not up to the MOT standard. I think it will be easier / better just to replace it with a working one. Also I am running out of time to be messing around trying to get the old one working again.

Comment

Yeh best bet is contact GSF, im sure they offer recon units at a reasonable price, most likely to be available next day assuming they dnt stock them already.
        I would also suggest making sure they check and double check what they are ordering as of late ive had problems with the parts ive been getting from them.... service has never been the same since my mate left, accuracy has gone down hill.

AFAIK most have access to ETKA now so they are able to ensure they get the correct part, as you are in a hurry i would make sure they do this as a lot of parts are S2 specific, not sure these rear calipers are, just thought i'd warn you.

HTH
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Give 4-Ring-Spares a call, they came up trumps for me a few months back and were very reasonably priced
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Thanks for the help chaps!!

I've ordered one from GSF since I'm not far from one of their offices. It means I can get the old caliper back to them easier to get some money back!!!

Next step... fitting and mot restest!!!

Comment

Working...
            X