Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 piece rotors for urs4/urs6. Does anyone know of any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 piece rotors for urs4/urs6. Does anyone know of any?

As the title states I'm looking for lightweight 2 piece rotors for front and rear BBK on my urs6. It's looking to be in possible. I would be able to use existing JHM, ECS, Coleman rotors but someone would have to make custom rotor hats with the correct offset for urS/c4 era cars. Any advice or help guys?

You could use custom hats, but you will need to work out the mechanical handbrake mechanism
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by orignalS60 View Post
      Any advice or help guys?
      Yeh, buy Thuppu's (S2Forum member) brackets and reuse the UrS4/S6 rear calipers with B6 (7?) 310 x 22 rear rotors. Keeps stock eBrake configuration.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

The rears fine. If I go with the 17z up front
        or boxster s calipers I still have only 1 piece
        rotors to choose from. I guess I'm hoping to
        find some 2 piece that already fit or someone
        making custom hats.

Comment

The rears fine. If I go with the 17z up front
          or boxster s calipers I still have only 1 piece
          rotors to choose from. I guess I'm hoping to
          find some 2 piece that already fit or someone
          making custom hats.
          While I don't need bigger discs and callipers on a UrS6, they would look nice / cool behind 18' rims. Albert's kit are very tempting, but the unsprung weight of a one piece 360mm disc is a lot, so would also be interested in a two piece disc, front and rear, that would have a steel disc and an alloy hat. Ideally using those "flexible bolt" connections that Audi now use on their very big oem 2 piece discs.

Don't know how to describe them properly, obviously !, but do know what they look like.

Comment

^^^This!

Comment

^^^This!
              But aren't you the same guy who thinks 2400 Euros for a coil over suspension is a good deal?

Just to warn you: A fellow on my home forum, who had just spent over US$10K upgrading his UrS6 before it was hit and "totalled", just got his final insurance settlement: $2500.

Lesson? Don't put too much money in your UrS unless you get agreed value insurance to cover all the costs of stuff you added to the car.

Just sayin'

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

In the US if you get full coverage auto insurance the insurance company has to reimburse you for what you paid for the car
                plus and additional monies spent on it. I had 1985 g body oldsmobile cutlass with custom paint and a big block with a blower.
                Some drunk ******* ran me off the road and totaled my car and his insurance company wrote me a $35,000 check for a 30 year old
                vehicle. Also I don't think 2,400 euros is that bad for a competition quality coil over set. There are PSI ohlins coil overs for the b5
                chassis that range from $5,500-$8,000.

Comment

I am in the process of putting together a floating 2 piece set-up for use with 996 turbo calipers on the S2.
                  Your first job should be finding a supply of suitable rotors. There are not many designed for road calipers with the larger annulus of around 60mm. Most are around 50mm which will not work. AP and Pagid do a 330 x 32 rotor with a 62mm annulus which may work for you. Not cheap though at around £300 per rotor. IMHO you are better going for a larger rotor to get more bang for your buck, the weight difference between a 330mm and say 360mm 2 piece is not actually all that much. Keep in mind also the difference in weight between two brands of the same size rotor might be a Kg or more.
                  If you are not confident designing your own bells your best bet is to get hold of the single piece disc that would work with your caliper setup, and then buy the appropriate sized rotors and have a bell made to suit the dims of the single piece rotor. Then you know it will fit and your machinist has a template to work to.
                  I can have this done over here for around £240/pair for semi-floating, fully floating is more money again, around £380 including the bobbins etc.
                  Once you factor in shipping you are looking at close to £1000 for a pair of rotors!
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alex, I know you will anyway, but keen to see your photos of the components and the finished set up when you are done, with the specs. Thanks.

Regards.

Comment

Hello, im trying to get in touch with thuppu to buy some of the rear brackets off him, ive sent 3 messages on facebook and a couple on here and im desperate, can anyone help me out to get some off him please? Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X