A8 Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A8 Discs

Ok then.... I seem to remember a while back about some posts about the A8 disks being pretty heavy duty and very solid.

Someone commented about how they'd store alot of heat and perhaps be prone to warping during the early days if not properly bedded in.

So to all you with the Hi-spec kit ...... how's it going? Disks surviving your batterings & have the grooves quietened down yet?

For my part the discs are doing well.

2000+ miles.

no warping, even now they've had a few stamped stops and wear rate seems ok.

I've not worried about heat, I've not seen them glow as i walk away from the car so I assume they are ok
    Jim

Comment

Also done a couple of thousand miles and everything is fine. Still very loud when you stamp on them from a high speed though could be the EBC pads?
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Ive now done about 1500 ish miles. I have given them some abuse but not a lot. Havent fuc*ed them yet. Still very loud when braking hard but then i am using red stuff pads on grooved discs.

I will be giving them some serious abuse on the way to Castle Combe this weekend. Friend and i normally hammer it there and back. Good B roads from where we live.

Im not sure where the comment came from about discs warping easily? But any brake disc will warp if it gets overheated from an early age. But main reason for disc warping, is not cleaning the hub face up so that it is shiny. Many ppl just give it a quick clean up with a wire brush!! WRONG. Also DONT put any type of grease on the mating surface as this can boil off and cause warpage.

HTH
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
        X