No announcement yet.

Hydraulic to vaccum brake conversion Urs6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought, have read about the test for the bomb, if you press the brake pedal like 20 times and above until the pedal gets hard with the engine off (bomb is ok) but if it´s like 5-10 times then the (bomb is broken) but if you don´t feel any pulsating with a broken bomb then? or isn´t that possible? Or if the bomb is okay but you still don´t have so good brake assist it can only be lack of hydraulic fluid / bad pump / clogged lines? Just need to test this properly I guess before I build it to vaccum style, maybe I have a problem that I have missed... thanks guys for the help
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

If it gets hard after 5-10 times it means that the bomb is not new and has seen quite a life. But until it's not vibrating, you're fine. I'm very happy with my single-membrane vacuum from C4. If you want to get a dual membrane then go for it, but it's really not worth the hassle, you wont feel any big improvements.

Remember to bleed the brakes, starting from the farthest wheel from the brake cylinder.

Comment

the lesser counts on pressing the pedal means the bomb is getting tired and couldn't much reserved assists.as long as no pedal pulsating,there should be no problems Goeran.i had my old bomb which can depress only 2 times with the engine off but it was still doing its job nicely though.
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Hmm so if the bomb is new or tired it doesent affect The brake assist? Have bleeded the new brakes several Times and they work great and no warning signs (!) but the pedal still feels hard and after som heavy braking it feels like lack of brakeforce and you have to press harder hmm... Maybe something is wrong in The lines or pump... Cant drive for The moment thue to turbochange and get my missing bolts on monday perhaps
          1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
          2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
          2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

my urs6 have this syptoms vibrate the pedal. can you tell me how i repair the bomb because in my contry dont have the bomb. or its ok if i replace with vacum acumulator from c4 2.5tdi. best regards Arlind

Comment

With engine running, if I press a few times the brake fast, my brake warning light starts to blink on the dash.

I'm wondering if I should move to vaccum

Comment

Working...
              X