how to remove hydraulic servo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove hydraulic servo.

hey guys i've searched the forum for a how to remove the hydraulic servo. i can't see any bare bolts to remove the servo from the brake lever. can someone give me a how to get it loose from the car ? im suffering from a slow retract from the brake pedal. like the brake servo is busted. any tips ?

The servo is connected to the pedal with a U type rod and a metal pin through. Remove the retaining clip and push the pin out to disconnect it from the pedal. The servo itself is bolted to the chassis, 3 bolts if B chassis, 4 bolts if C chassis. Getting it off is an achievement. I have done both. The B chassis is a little more simple that the C chassis. The nuts which hold the servo in place are behind the brake pedal, deep near the firewall. The C chassis nut nr.4 (top left) is a mission impossible. It took me 20 minutes to get that nut off, and after that you must put it back when reinstalling.

If you're gonna go through with this, it's gonna be a memorable experience.

Comment

thanks for the info buddy! thats a lot clearer. going to get dissasblembling in the weekend. how does a hydraulic work anyway? i just want to make sure its not the master cylinder ( which i replaced with another used unit). any tips?

Comment

Is this on your 3B 200?

If so 1990 200 quattro diagrams might help?

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmaey View Post
          thanks for the info buddy! thats a lot clearer. going to get dissasblembling in the weekend. how does a hydraulic work anyway? i just want to make sure its not the master cylinder ( which i replaced with another used unit). any tips?
          I only had a leaking servo. Not familiar with servo issues. Although the brake bomb is pretty frequent with these.

Comment

Brake Servo Replacement DIY

Originally posted by Jimmaey View Post
            hey guys i've searched the forum for a how to remove the hydraulic servo. i can't see any bare bolts to remove the servo from the brake lever. can someone give me a how to get it loose from the car ? im suffering from a slow retract from the brake pedal. like the brake servo is busted. any tips ?
            Sorry I didn't jump in on this thread earlier.

Here is a DIY that you might find useful: http://12v.org/urs/BrakeServoReplacement.pdf

Here is a general brake system info post that you might find informative:
            http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/25095.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

thanks for all this info. now this is very usefull. im going to start the frustrating job this weekend. lets hope that fixes the problem

Comment

okay guys got the pin out and the outer 3 screws BUT im struggling with the last dreaded bolt. you're supposed to feel in the rectangular hol for the last bolt but cant get the angle right and theres this blue tube from the servo connected which seems to be pinched on the servo so its kind of in the way.. its on a audi 200 20v. is there a 4th bolt? someone said b or c chassis how do i know whats what ? thanks in advance guys !
                Last edited by Jimmaey; 4 March 2016, 14:40.

Comment

Comment

The servo on the 200 20VT is the same as the C4 Turbos and V8s and the B3 and B4 turbos, so would say yes to four bolts. I have only removed one from an UrS6 but I remember 4.

Couldn't trust my memory so I went out to the garage and found the one from the UrS6. Four studs on servo mounting flange = you have to remove four nuts.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yesterday I started this servo removal and it's really a PITA job Is it true that B chassis has only 3 studs? I can see only the one other two i cant even see I will remove the front seat to get a better position and can put my head to the pedals to see whats going on.
                      Can someone confirm that 3 studs vs 4 studs theory? Thanks
                      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

It's four stud's, one in each corner and two of them are a real sod to get at... As you say remove the front seat for better access, I also put a couple of old cushions and something like a sleeping bag in the foot well so I can lye on my back in comfort without the center seat runner guide sticking in my back.. That make's maters a little more tolerable... Good luck!
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks, it will be a nightmare for sure. Not a perfect access tho, but hopefully it will come out. I want to remove the pedal box as well, steering rack have to be removed either?

Comment

I don't think you have to remove the steering rack to get the pedal box out, well you don't on a RHD car as far I can recall. Removing the steering rack is easy compared the pedal box, though on LHD car getting at the rack is more difficult due to the battery tray.

I swapped out the old slow rack on my 3B for an ABY one in an afternoon, getting a pedal box out would probably take all day, the dam wiring loom gets in the way and access to everything is really annoying.
                            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I have LHD Coupe Quattro B3 with 7A engine. So its enough to lose that joint near the firewall? Or should be completely removed?

Comment

Working...
                              X