Squeaky brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky brakes

Hi, guys are there any known quick fixes to sort out my squeaky brakes, under light pressure on the pedal they 'chirp' a little, quite annoying as they are only a few months old, just replaced all round with brembo discs and pagid fast road pads.

When I used to mountain bike, we would pour fanta on the disc brakes to make them grip better, obviously this isnt gonna help my coupe but are there any other known tricks or do I just have to live with it...??

cheers
    Rosco

What calipers do you have? This will have major significance on how you cure the brake squeal!
    Did you use any/ much copslip when you put the new pads in?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Copper grease on the back of the pads and caliper bracket *should* cure most squeaks....
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Like Dan says it depends what calipers you've got. Porsche actually recommend running dry, i.e. without any copper grease. I recently fitted new pads on my RS2 without copper grease & there is no squeal atall.

I had the same combination as you, i.e. Brembo discs & Pagid Fast Road pads when I had Porsche 996 calipers on my old S2 - and I couldn't get rid of the squeal either. I ended up changing the pads to Textar and the squeal stopped. The Pagid pad/Brembo disc material combination must have been incompatible.
        Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Working...
        X