Brake Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Carrier

I tried to change my front brake discs and pads this afternoon but whilst I was trying to get off the bottom bolt on the caliper (which was totally seized on) the head of the nut snapped off causing the rest of the nut to stay attached to the carrier.

I am going to try and go to a scrapyard tomorrow to see if I can get the carrier.

Could anyone let me know if there are any other audis i.e. 80,90 quattro that use exactly the same carrier or is this carrier specificly made for the S2?

Any help would me most appreciated before I try to have a look round the scrapyard tomorrow.

Originally posted by mak2503
    I tried to change my front brake discs and pads this afternoon but whilst I was trying to get off the bottom bolt on the caliper (which was totally seized on) the head of the nut snapped off causing the rest of the nut to stay attached to the carrier.

I am going to try and go to a scrapyard tomorrow to see if I can get the carrier.

Could anyone let me know if there are any other audis i.e. 80,90 quattro that use exactly the same carrier or is this carrier specificly made for the S2?

Any help would me most appreciated before I try to have a look round the scrapyard tomorrow.
    The coupe quattro 20v and the coupe 20v FWD used the same brake setup as the standard S2 . Not sure which other models share the G60 brakes,,,,,I'll have a scan Michael,,,,,,I'll give you a bell tomorrow mate
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

The cq20v definitely has the same brakes as am S2. BTDT.
      SS

Comment

urquattro, v6 20v and s2 cq, 20v and v6 fwd coupe, v6 cabrio, v6 and s2 80, 90 20v, 200 '87 onwards, 100 turbo and avant CS '87 onwards. You should be able to find one
        -

Comment

Working...
        X