• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around 2 mounth old caliper is reburbed with new Pistons and seals
    Yes bleeded out
    Pas Wear is the same both sides and rotor is not miss colored or anything
    I Think they were like that from new !

Comment

Strange. Maybe the MB rotor is intended to be like that. I just got myself Zimmermann 347x30mm 4.2 C6 rotors for 18z conversion, both are even on the sides.

Comment

I have seen it before with some rotors But from a golf 4 gti

Comment

yeah I would expect that to be design intent based on the merc caliper. Never had any issues running zimmermanns on my old stock calpiers on the s2. If you are getting vibrations, i would expect pad material has been transferred to the disc from the braking you mention. Probably best to go and do a series of hard braking building up speed each time but not coming to complete stop in an attempt to clean the faces of the discs again.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Could try that
            Hmm the mere use 4 piston caliper to dont they?

Comment

Have had vibration with my zimmerman aswell but only in slow speed, nothing at hard braking, but then after strong brake dust cleaner and a rinse they where good for some days. I believe its the crappy REMSA pads that also squeel as a pig when driving in town... changing pads to Bosch and maybe the problems goes away...
              1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
              2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
              2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

im not using remsa? im usiong ferodo preimium pads

Comment

I base my experience on the drilled zimmermann discs that I had a couple of years ago,
                  the were in my opinion prone to warp when you push them to the limit, causing rattle in the steering wheel at soft braking,

second problem I had with them is that the area around the drilled holes is very prone to overheat,
                  causing after a while a very uneven wear pattern on the discs and the pads (change in the material structure of the disc in this zone?),
                  reducing more and more the contact area between each other, up to a point that the brake performance was so bad that I had to replace the brakes.
                  they also were very prone to corrosion.

All in all i wrecked 3 pairs of zimmermann discs,
                  never had problems with ATE for example,
                  maybe the quality has changed since my experience but I will not try them anymore.

Comment

I don't know if it makes a difference, but my zimmermans are slotted. This is my 3rd set, front and rear, running Carbotech street pads and Carbotech upgraded pads for track days. I have not had a problem with any of my Zimmermans.

Greg W.
                    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Yah i have No idea Im using it on my Daily. It Could be a problem with bedding in But Think the problem is the disc Them selvf Could try to get en turned in a machine the. They should be fine again

Comment

DS2500 pads?

I've had this a number of times on those pads, unfortunately. If the car sits in the rain, you get a deposit of pad material and nothing seems to remove it, as the pads are quite soft.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

No not the ds2500 just normal ferodo pads

Comment

Originally posted by s2dk View Post
                            Its funny had Them off today cleaned all the coating off Them Allso
                            Noticed that the inside og the rotor was alot smaller than the out side. Its like the rotor is same wide on the outside pas surface than on the inside ? Odd?
                            Have you any pictures to show us what you mean? I use to run merc 332x32mm discs on 17zr/zl with hawk pads and I had similar problem but it wasn't the discs or pads it turned out to be abs sensor so I replaced both fronts and the problem went away but I had no lights on dash worth a try could be some crap on magnets or ring? All best Michael

Comment

Sure it Could be No sadly No. But could Maybe get some taken ?
                              Dont Think its the ABS though

Comment

Personally me if would be any other option except Zimmermans I would go for it, but so far I didn't find drilled or slotted for RS2...
                                They squeaking with Ferodo pads like hell, and callipers are fully refurbished with damping washers as per specs. They get rusty in no time, and besides that rear ones 299mm are drilled to the same direction for both sides (picture attached) so when installed one side faces opposite direction and I had for another Audi model 269mm Zimms and they were the same drilled to one direction ... For RS2 front 304mm was as has to be, each side drilled to proper direction. Had no issues with wobbling.
                                If I would be you I would go for EBC GD1102
                                http://www.ebcbrakes-webshop.co.uk/v...rm=&pid=166450
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X