Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brembo 4pot from alfa

hi guys,
    I'm developing a bracket to fit 4pot brembo calipers from alfa 166. here in italy are widespread and they are cheap (about 150 euros). They have 150mm holes vs 94 of our girling 60. Has someone else already done this job? i'd like to fit this calipers with audi 312x25 dics. is there enough space with 16" weels?
    Last edited by ziopinulo; 29 May 2017, 07:23.

A user on Italian forum Audiclassiche did it on a S2 coupè. His nickname is Andreaserafin. I drove his car and my eyes quitted the windscreen.
    sigpic

Comment

I have a pair, newly rebuild with 312x25 disks from an A4 B6/B7. Will fit them to my B3 when I have the time. That will require a different bracket then yours though, as the B3 hubs have less offset than B4 hubs.
      However I did test fit them with the disks in 16" competition wheels, and it doesn't fit without a spacer. I forgot how thick it needed to be but it was at least 8mm.
      Edit: disk part number; 8D0615301J

Comment

Originally posted by ziopinulo View Post
        is there enough space with 16" weels?
        Not every 16" wheel will fit, but there will be surely some options among OEM wheels or 'sporty' wheels like BBS/OZ, having spacy inner design. 150mm caliper bracket stance + 94mm audi hubcarrier stance is a good combo for caliper fitment. As for the disk personally I would first look at A6(4F) 314x25 disk for such a conversion.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80921

Comment

thanks for all replies!
          312x25 are 46,2 of total height, while 314x25 are 59,4. I'll take some other measure for choose the best configuration.
          i have this 16" rims:
          cerchi s2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ziopinulo View Post
            while 314x25 are 59,4.
            Which is closer to standard S2 brake disk height, allowing more chance to put wheel disk upon brembo caliper without spacers.

Comment

314x25 is the better choice on a B4 chassis.

Comment

hi all! This summer I had some time to spend on the S2. after some attempts i've created a good bracket for the alfabrembo! brembo 4pot caliper come from a 166 and i choose 312x25 disks.
                with 16" rims it's a perfect mount, just a small mod with dremel

this is the prototype of the bracket made with my 3d printer

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

hi all! job completed, i also painted calipers with a old style, the result seems good to me. Now pedal is much more solid and braking capabilities are improved.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Like that a lot. Looks like a bit nicer fit than BMW E38 calipers I had to use in my conversion. I wish Alpha ones were more wide-spread at my place.

Comment

Working...
                      X