996 Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 996 Brake Pads

Just out of interest, those of you running 996 Porsche calipers, what pads do you find the best? Less fade, no squeal, quick warm up, less dust etc........ I use the standard Textar pads and find they can get a little hot and tend to smoke under heavy braking.
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Ferodo Racing Pads DS2500 part number FRP3051H.

The muts mate but cost £150 a pair! I can stop on a penny!

Comment

I'll hopefully be able to tell you what these Brembo pads are like when I get mine on early next week Mark..
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

...and if my Hawk pads ever turn up I'll tell you what those are like too!
        acidtrax

Comment

Pagid Fast Road pads didn't stop squealing with my Brembo discs on my previous S2 with 996 calipers. I ended up changing them for Textar's.
          Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I've given my DS2500s to a mate to machine <£12.50 worth of pad off to fit the 30mm disk.
            SS

Comment

Ferodos every time, no question. They do dust quite a lot, but I'd rather that and be able to stop than have a lower dust pad and not make that big stop when I needed to...
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Hi,
                I am running Mintex Reds on the street. Had to put a couple of track days on them as the track pads I wanted did not arrive in time. I had no fade at the track during 30 minute sessions. The pads held up well also. I only use them for the street now. Warm up early, stop well, and the dust is a lot less than the Textars I had on the G60s.

I run Carbtech Panther Pluses on the track now. Supposed to be an aggressive street pad, but not a full track pad. The stopping power was a little better at the track than the Mintex Reds, but a lot more dust.

I had an instructor who has an 01 S4 ride with me for a session. Her car has a 322 Stoptech kit on it with Porterfield RS34 track pads. She felt my car had better stopping power than hers.

Greg W.
                They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

DS 2500 not missing them too much at present due to brake upgrade but they were great. Solid, little dust and no noise or fade.
                  Alastair
                  RS2

Comment

Hi,

I´m running all year round carbon pads and no dust problems like with Textar.

http://www.urs4.com/technical/brakes/UrS4_brakes.html

http://www.s-cars.org/postnuke/modul...=index&catid=6

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/...rake_pads.html

Comment

Working...
                    X