Front break pads needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front break pads needed!!

The break pads on my ABY have reached the end of there life.. has anyone got any sugestions as to what pads to get? were from? and what pice?

Thanks
    SOLD.. :(
    But now proud owner of Porsche Boxster S.. :fire:

Are your brakes stock Jon, I can't remember?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Yes mate.. and my car is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
      SOLD.. :(
      But now proud owner of Porsche Boxster S.. :fire:

Comment

Ferodo DS 2500
        Alastair
        RS2

Comment

Originally posted by alg
          Ferodo DS 2500
          Didn't think they did them for the G60 caliper?
          Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
          S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I have standard brakes and standard pads (all VAG). Fit new discs and pads at the same time and change the fluid and they are perfectly good for fast(ish) road driving.....

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've got EBC greens on the front of mine. No problems with them over the last several 1000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                Didn't think they did them for the G60 caliper?

May well be true. I never had them on S2. EBC reds are a good choice. green are not up to weight.
                Alastair
                RS2

Comment

Originally posted by alg
                  May well be true. I never had them on S2. EBC reds are a good choice. green are not up to weight.
                  Yep, agree with Alastair, EBC reds have been good in the standard G60's. Not sure how long Alastair had them on before I bought car from him ? but I've put just a tad over 10k miles on them in 12 months and they are just now coming to the end of their usable life.
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Unfortunately you can't get the Ferodo DS2500 on the stock G60 caliper, otherwise I would recommend that without hesitation to everyone. I wasn't so convinced by EBCReds as compared to the Ferodos I felt they lacked bite and feel, but they do work well. Haven't used Greens up front, but I do have Greens on the back.
                    Pagid Orange are rated highly around here too, worth investigating I think?

Jon I'd get the brake fluid changed at the same time if I were you - get on Fleabay and buy yourself some "ATE Super Blue". Very good fluid and not expensive. You'll need at least 1litre really to bleed it properly. What condition are your discs in?

Glad to hear you've got the engine running problems sorted - you've had it fried too I think? Goes well now doens't it!
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
                      Yep, agree with Alastair, EBC reds have been good in the standard G60's. Not sure how long Alastair had them on before I bought car from him ? but I've put just a tad over 10k miles on them in 12 months and they are just now coming to the end of their usable life.
                      About 18months IIRC. And I did fewer emergency stops and track days
                      Alastair
                      RS2

Comment

Working...
                      X