Rear Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brakes

I have been surfing the web a lot to upgrade the rear brakes to the ones from the RS2 or similar.

I have come with two possible solutions.
    First
    1. Get a custom made hub for the rear of the S2 coupe that is half the one from the RS2 but with the bearing diameter of the S2.
    94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Sorry to have finished the other message that way. Just pushed tab+space bar and the post submited.

First congratulations on your excelent forum and car.

As I was telling:
    First option:
    1. Custom made rear hubs that are a mix from the ones of the RS2 and the ones for the S2
    2. RS2 rear "for modified cars" discs. Drilled 299x24mm OEM
    3. Custom Caliper carriers. A little modification from the front ones, as they bolt on to the Boxster S rear calipers.
    4. Boxster S rear calipers and pads.
    5. Original RS2 hand brake

Second option
    1. Mercedes CLK 430 front brakes (you can buy them also as Brembo Sport) 300x28x46mm discs with 5x112mm bolt circle.
    2. 1993 Porsche 964 turbo 3.6 rear calipers and pads. This car uses 299x28mm rotors on the rear.
    3. Custom made caliper carriers. (With this carriers I am sure you can solve the 6mm disc offset difference without machining the discs.
    4. Movit/Brembo hand brake calipers. In brembo Gran Turismo Catalogue this calipers are allways provided in rear conversions with 28mm width discs, so they should fit fine.

Also Mercedes Sl 500 from 1995 uses 300x28x45mm rotors in the fron if anybody wants less offset but brembo doesn't make any Sport drilled discs for this car.

So as I live in Spain and Is impossible to get any custom made stuff.
    Where can I get a custom made hub done?
    If not, where can I get any caliper carriers made, and what do they need to make them? Appart from money of course

Regards

Comment

First of all, welcome on board.

Then,

sounds strange you cannot find any Company which can make some bracket by machining a piece of metal, around.
      Anyway, what they need, is drowing with precise dimensions (diameters, offsets, position of holes and whatever needed).
      If you can make a Cad drowing any Company using numerical controled machinery will be able to read and use them, but those parts can also be made with a manual lathe and mill, if properly done.

In my opinion, among the different options, I think making custom caliper brackets is way the easyest and safer way to accomlish the job.
      A hub must withstand high torsional and flexion loads so is a more critical part to be engeneered. It's machining will also be much more complex due to the very tight tolerances and dimensions of the bearing housing (which means much more money to have them made).

Just my opinion.

Marco
      Last edited by Pisobiker; 8 November 2003, 12:38.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information.

You were very helpful.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X