Battery and Electric window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery and Electric window problem

Passenger side window has not worked since i bought the car ,not been really bothered as i am not sitting there and stops my little girl from throwing things out of the window at passer by (new game)

So deceded i better try to fix this ,i have checked to see if there is power going to the switch which there is and to the motor which there is,so that makes me think it is the motor faulty?

When taking the door card off the connector for the electric windows was not connected ?

The one touch on the drivers side works for going down but not up, related maybe?

Sunroof is fine all other windows work

After putting back together and waiting till i get the motor ,the battery has been sluggish in the morning to start the car as if something had been draining the charge?

Any Idea anybody

Cheers

..Steve
    93 S2 Avant Parting
    91 URQ RR
    02 A4 tdi Avant

Probably harness problem where it enters the door/chassis. Not too rare fault in C4.
    -

Comment

Checked that first for wires getting caught,If that was the case i would not get power to the switches ah ?
      93 S2 Avant Parting
      91 URQ RR
      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Ok let's start from the begining after reading more carefully

Passenger window won't work if the switch is faulty. Drivers side or passenger side. The window won't work from the drivers side if passenger side is disconnected.

One touch up needs alternator input. This wire could be cut for safety reasons (blue).
        I think that some versions of the window relay doesn't even have the one touch up function and there is also a version that is teachable to enable or disable this function. Dunno how.
        -

Comment

Got new switch first thinking it was that but no joy,back to the motor i think?
          93 S2 Avant Parting
          91 URQ RR
          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

That must be it then. Or could the window be physically stuck somehow so that the thermal fuse would cut the circuit about instantly? Naah probably you'd have noticed if it would even try to move. Just guessing here. Unplug the motor and measure voltage from there? Already done that?
            -

Comment

Never measured the voltage what should i be looking for as in voltage?
              93 S2 Avant Parting
              91 URQ RR
              02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Working...
              X