What is going on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on???

I'm sure my front lights used to work independently from my rear ones.....it seems now my fronts will switch on but my rear ones come on as well!!!...what is going on?!?!?..

Do you mean your fog lights?
    SS

Comment

dduurrr what a fool!!!!yep my fog light....

Comment

If you use the switch for the fronts, the fronts come on on their own, as you'd expect.
        If you use the switch for the rears, the front and rear fog lights come on.
        Well, that's the way both my Coupés have worked, and the A3.
        SS

Comment

Yep thats how mine is as well, front does front, rear does both.
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Its fixable so that rear switch only does the rear fogs. I did this mod so I could flash my rear fogs at the numptys who drove behind me with full beam on.

I can't remember which wire, but all you have to do is snip a wire behind one of the switches and the rears will work independently.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I've always struggled to understand why you'd want to run with only the front fogs switched on? If the conditions are bad enough for the fronts, they're bad enough for the rears too! That switch thing does irk me somewhat, I'd argue that it really should be the other way around - switching the rear will activate rear only, and switching the fronts would activate them all. Ah well...

__MDC__
              Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Having said that, I actually found the fronts very useful when driving in snow (as in, when it is snowing) at night!

__MDC__
                Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Front fogs are quite useful when zooming around at pace in narrow country lanes at night too, they help show you a bit more of the muddy verges and give you a bit more width information. Not that I advocate driving with front fogs in normal night time conditions though, a real dazzling PITA IMHO. The latest "fashion" that I don't understand is people in London who you see driving around at night using a combination of side lights and front fogs. WTF?
                  Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

its the new black!
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                      Front fogs are quite useful when zooming around at pace in narrow country lanes at night too, they help show you a bit more of the muddy verges and give you a bit more width information. Not that I advocate driving with front fogs in normal night time conditions though, a real dazzling PITA IMHO. The latest "fashion" that I don't understand is people in London who you see driving around at night using a combination of side lights and front fogs. WTF?
                      Agreed, but its been like that for a number of years. Statistically number one will be BMW drivers, dont know why but im sure theres a good reason, then Saxo's and XR2i's.
                      Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
                      Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
                      Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
                      Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
                      Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

i must put my hand up and admit to doing that.10 years ago though.

Comment

Working...
                        X