RS2 Headlight Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Headlight Washer

Is there a relay or a connector I can simply unplug to stop the headlight washers or do I have to disconnect the actual nozzles and block the pipes?

I am fed up of getting soapy washer spray all over the bonnet of the car.

Thanks

Angus
    formally RS2 +

Oh go on Angus........just adjust them
    Alastair
    RS2

Comment

Originally posted by alg
      Oh go on Angus........just adjust them
      That would be too easy...
      formally RS2 +

Comment

Originally posted by AAH!
        That would be too easy...
        PMSL!!! Your right i've noticed that more and more members take the hard way out of things!

Any ol' excuse to work on the S2

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
          PMSL!!! Your right i've noticed that more and more members take the hard way out of things!

Any ol' excuse to work on the S2
          The drawback of living in Cambridge where the 10,000 students are not allowed cars, is that there are 10,000 additional cyclists on the already narrow roads.

On a very old Audi 80 of mine, they had adjustable jets, similar to the windscreen ones, so I angled the near side to the left to shoot cyclists who lent on my bonnet at traffic lights. You cannot do that with the S2 ones, since they are fixed.

The relay for the headlamp washer is in position 4 in the main (engine bay) fuse box. This is the 4th from the left on the back row)

Cheers n

Si
          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt
            The relay for the headlamp washer is in position 4 in the main (engine bay) fuse box. This is the 4th from the left on the back row

I have just tried adjusting the nozzles as suggested by the guys who like to keep it easy. But although helping a bit it still covers the bonnet.

So I have gone the lazy route to solve the problem and removed the relay (thanks Si).

Originally posted by HPmuirt
            I angled the near side to the left to shoot cyclists who lent on my bonnet at traffic lights.
            Me too, but in an Citroen DS23. You could do it with the RS2 headlight washers ... If the relay was still in place.

Angus
            Last edited by AAH!; 8 February 2006, 16:25.
            formally RS2 +

Comment

yeah I am same as u on this one angus, its really annoying when they spray over the bonnet. I wondered if i need new jet inserts but apparently you can only buy the whole assembly which is about £50 a side
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                yeah I am same as u on this one angus, its really annoying when they spray over the bonnet. I wondered if i need new jet inserts but apparently you can only buy the whole assembly which is about £50 a side
                Assuming you are talking of the black washer jet insert, they can be adjusted Greg. Audi has a special tool for the job (special tool 3019 A)
                I carefully used a terminal screwdriver on mine to set them to the factory manuals specs.
                The whole black plastic insert has a habit of blowing out and disappearing.
                If thats the case, you have an alternative to a new S2 one.
                The 94 - 97 VW Passat uses the same ones and is cheaper.
                3A0 955 101 = Left side washer jet.
                3A0 955 102 = Right side washer jet.

The black insert pulls out, then pop it in your stock one.

Alfa 155 models also use the same black inserts which can be had seperate, though what year and particular spec I'm not sure. I'll try and find out.

I've totally disconnected mine altogether even after adjusting them to the correct specs. The problem is (and I assume it's the same on the RS2 even though they are different) is that whilst on the move at speed, the water and foamy fluid has nowhere to go apart from up and onto the bonnet.
                I popped the relay back in to put the car through it's test though, just in case

See here on how my first attempt at disconnecting them went

Jas
                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
                X