Indicator / full beam stalk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator / full beam stalk....

My full beam only works for flashing but doesnt work when pushing it forward to keep it on... Is this likely to be just the contacts on the stalk or does anyone have any other ideas?

Was going to take if off tomorrow to take a look as its raining and cant be arsed now whist nursing a hangover!

Thanks
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Sounds like the contacts in the switch! You can try cleaning the contacts, but if you strip the switch down then watch out for all the little springs inside! I lost one when i cleaned the wiper stalk contacts, have no idea where it went?

I dont think they are very expensive if its beyond repair? You jnow who to talk to
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

LOL yup, already looked on vagparts to get retail price, is about 24+vat...

Gotta do it cos it failed MOT cos full beam dont stay on by itself... also gotta do outer cv boot
      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Not too bad then! I did do a little guide on CV gaiter job if you are doing it! Not sure where abouts it is? Think its in transmissions?

Good luck mate!

My car seems to pass first time
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

LOL!!!

CV Boot is easy enough, had to do the otherside a few months back, outer boot...

bloody hate that grease, but got my gloves handy LOL
          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

hi,

i had the same problem on the rear wiper contacts, Audi stealer wanted £271 +vat to supply and fit the new stalk (how?????????). I sprayed the contacts with a little bit of wd-40, hey presto, working wiper and its still working to this day.

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
              hi,

i had the same problem on the rear wiper contacts, Audi stealer wanted £271 +vat to supply and fit the new stalk (how?????????). I sprayed the contacts with a little bit of wd-40, hey presto, working wiper and its still working to this day.

David

Well done that man..... sprayed a load of WD40 on the contacts using that bit of straw you get with the can and they gave the stalk a good going up and down to work it in and its working

just the cv boot to go
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I had this problem when I fitted high power headlight bulbs. I melted the stalk and had to get a new one. My morris minor foot mounted dip switch is good for 500 watts of lighting power. I think Audi must have used Chocolated for plastic in them. I had 100watt main beam filaments. Audi 80 units seem to be the same. Good luck.

P.S. you have to take the steering wheel off or you may damage the switch cover.

Comment

Working...
                X