HID Kit question..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Kit question..........

I've ordered a kit from the states, but was wondering.... i am getting 8500k bulbs... am i able to fit say 6000k bulbs instead if i want to or are the ballasts specific to a bulb type?

As i understand it the k number thing is just the colour, but do they run a different voltage / current for each bulb type to get this colour change?

Prob one for the VAGparts guys to answer LOL
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Ant, Worry not mate.

the K no. is just for the colour of the Bulb. Wont be affected by the ballast.

Besides you will need custom H1 bulbs anyhow to fit. Unless you want to try and make a D2S mounting in the headlight.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg can u get on MSN please?
      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

yeh i cant find the difference between a D2S and D2R.... what is the difference???
        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant,

8,500k bulbs will be frekin purple mate!!! I speak from some experience!! I have got a 8,000k bulb on my bike and it is seriously blue in colour!!

I'd try them and see what you personally think of them (at night!!!) and take it from there. You shold be able to get 6K bulbs, but you'd need to post a picture of the bulb / plug for them.

The difference between a D1S and a D2S is the shape of the bulb base. One is square, one is round.

Martyn
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Ant,

Check this out.....!!!

This is the before and after of my bike 8000K HID bulb, YES.. my motorbike has HID

The second picture is el crappo halogen, the first is an 8,000 Kelvin degrees bulb. This picture is NOT doctored at all, it is a true shot! The extra 500K's f your kit is not going to make much difference from this 8000K photo, but do you see what I mean about the blue light output of a 8000K bulb....

personally I really like the 8000K colour temp., but..... it coould... get you noticied....

You have to try the bulbs you bought and make your own mind up. OR, maybe contact the company you bought the kit from and ask if they would exchange them for 6,000K bulbs which I think are the best looking in terms of colour of light.

HTH
            Martyn

picture:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Martynf; 7 January 2004, 23:17.
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

halogen:
              Attached Files
              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
              X