Washer fluid sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer fluid sensor

tell me about it.. i just cant stop.. bought n s2 and DETERMINED to restore it to its original functionality! grrrrr

anyways... my washer fluid level keeps going off (always on) and dealer said need new sensor.. which comes with the bottle... which is in awkward place.. that'll be £££££ please...

any alternatives before i make this sales guy a millionair?
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Yes - speak to www.vagparts.com - Martyn and Paul (audi parts guru) are on here a lot.

I bet it costs a lot becasue it takes a while to get to it - I think it comes out through the wheel arch do it yourself and save their hourly rates.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Mike is breaking his S2 too. Could try him for second hand parts. Location is just inside the front bumper on the nearside (not Mike's location....obviously!). Bumper off in <15 minutes flat! 4 torx and 4 hex head bolts once you've disconnected the fogs/indicators if you leave the sump guard in situ.

Lee
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

dammit i need courage.. this is my dream car and im scared of wrecking it!
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

Don't be scared, it's easy. Helps if you have an assistant to remove and refit the bumper to ease location. It's a bit awkward on your own! BTDT. If you have a standard front bumper it will be almost impossible to damage the paint. My RS2 bumper is painted all in one colour and that is easy to damage. Doesn't show on mine cos I fecked the underside during recent gravel trap excursion at Oulton Park! LOL!

Designun Limited....

Comment

LOL.. someone's been avin fun
            ABY Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

I may have a spare one from a coupe I scrapped. I threw the bottle away but kept the 'interesting bits'.

I will have a look.

I'm only in Wilmslow.

Comment

wimslow is 20 mins away! yipeee...

does anyone know if the sensor in this bottle will be same as the normal coupes? *ahem parts guru*
                ABY Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

hmm.. me thinks that the 'sensor' is built-into the windscreen washer pump, not built into the bottle. There is no reason I can think of why you cannot use the Coupe one. Only a couple of nuts hold the bottle in place, go for changing it yourself, it's no real problem to do!

Martyn
                  Martyn
                  -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

pump

can anyone confirm where this sensor is?
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

pump

The sensor for the low coolant level IS built into the bottle, but not the windscreen washer sensor.
                      Martyn
                      Martyn
                      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

So i need a new pump if i want to replace the washer fluid sensor? Where is this located? i can do without it offcourse but if its like a £20 pump in a easy to reach place i will do it.
                        ABY Coupe
                        sigpic

Comment

This may be accessible by just removing the sump guard but I would personally take the front end off as it definately gives you more access. Pump is located at the bottom of the tank and is externally accessible (ie you can leave the tank in situ). It is in the quadrant closest to the arch liner and the bumper on the near side.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Many thanx
                            ABY Coupe
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X