internal light bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal light bulbs

is it true that the bulbs in the 3 dials in centre pannel at bottom cannot be replaced?

also it is true the buttons like hazards and fogs, that those bulbs cannot be replaced but have to get whole units?

if i dont make sence please let me know
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

You can replace the bulbs in the switches but its a LOT easier simply replacing the switch. To replace the bulbs though you have to remove the svitch and then take it to bits. It is very fiddly, but in the end you are left with a tiny little PCB with the bulbs attached. You then have to desolder the old ones and solder in new ones.

Its a lot of hassle when you can nip down your local scrap yard and get a handful of complete switches for pennies.
    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

i need to get out more!
      ABY Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

You CAN replace the bulbs in the lower three gauges!! they are n 017 7512 @ 47p +vat each from us.

I think you need to switch dealers Ski!
        M
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

i changed the bulbs in my fog/heated screen switches, were a push fit,
          dead easy to do i thought.

Comment

i replaced the bulbs in the swiches.. its a litelbit work but it can be done.. its harder to get the bulbs.. i used leds in som of them
            ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
            2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
            2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
            2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
            kostic.nu

Comment

i changed the bulbs in my fog/heated screen switches, were a push fit,dead easy to do i thought
              This was what I was trying to do, but the bulbs were hard wired to the little PCB. Maybe they changed the switches after a while.
              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

dunno then, i changed 2 but the new bulbs were a lot brighter than the rest so changed all of them, mines a 3b so they must have changed at a later date?

Comment

New bulbs supply by Audi are brighter than standard

One of mines went out and when I replaced it it was much brighter.

In the end I have painted with a permanent marker so it matches the rest. Crappy job but it worked

What I found out is that the white plastic that protects/covers the bulb was a little brown (burned) due to excesive heat from new bulb.

In the end I will go to a scrapyard and try to find a bunch of interior switches.

Cheers,

Rafael
                  94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

The easiest job in the world (S2 world that is)! Fogs, rear window heater and ABS switches use 2 bulbs each, just take off the front of the button and you see.
                    Mirror, window, rear diff lock and seat heating switches use smaller soldered bulbs but they are also replaceable. A bit of work is needed. The bulbs for these can be obtained from a car radio shop (some ICE install shop that is).
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X