Towbar Wiring info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar Wiring info

Guys, I am waiting for a towbar to arrive for my Seat Toledo 2002/52 reg and the car has a light on dash for towbar lights so i guess there was a factory wiring kit for the electrics.

Is this still available and whats the P/N, if not is it possibe to get hold of the wiring connectors and pins so I can wire it up myself?

Hopefully the parts daddy's can answer this one.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Looks like the P/N for the kits is

7 pin = 1M6-055-203 £73.99

13 pin = 1M6-055-204-G £100.00

Ive got a 13 pin and need to know the plug, pin prices & p/n as well as the pin outs
    Greg

Comment

Guys, can someone look up on the catalogue

Part Number: ZGB000055205A
      Description: 12S Electrics
      Model Application: Ibiza, Cordoba, Vario 1993 > 1999 / Ibiza 2002 > / Toldeo 1999 > / Alhambra 2001 >
      Information: Not to be used with 6L0803890
      Detail:
      Price (RRP): £ 0
      Order: SEAT Accessories and Parts are available to order through your local SEAT dealer.

Its £45.53 + VAT for the kit which is a bit pricey for what you are getting.

Im trying to get hold of the 4 connectors & pins to go with it so I can fit it onto my car.

Spoke to Seat but the parts guys was a bit of an **** and wouldn't look up the P/N for the connectors and pins.

Here is the kit for the Leon but it has different pin outs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230058399097

Thanks guys, goto get this sorted ASAP since need it fitting for this weekend if possible otherwise next
      Greg

Comment

Greg,

What exactly are you trying to do? Have you already got a wiring kit or are you looking to buy one? Do you need 12N? 12N and 12S? Are you using 7 or 13 pin?

Give me a bit more info and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Seat parts guys are always like that. It's because they are the guys that couldn't make it as VW/Audi parts guys.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Cheer Ben, ive got a standard wiring kit with a 12N plug on it, standard single electrics. speaking to a guy on seat cupra.net it needs a beefier hazard warning switch if it is all wired up through the standard plugs.
          I have buzzed out the connectors on the rear lights and got what you see below.

Greg

Comment

You'll need the 1M0941509CNNF hazard light switch.

The connectors to go into the outlets on the rear lights will be difficult to track down. The OE wiring kits tend to use piggy back connectors into the main connector on the tail light.

I'll see what I can find out about OE kits for you.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I thought that might be the case, having said that the wiring kit for leon is similar and has seperate connectors that plug onto the light outlet plugs shown in the pic and on the ebay link.

How much is the hazard switch BTW?
              Greg

Comment

Switch is about £25+VAT. I can't get accurate prices for SEAT only parts.

I've spoken to my SEAT branch and as you found they are very unhelpful. I will call back later and take it up with the Parts Manager over there.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Ben, Much appreciated. as a temp measure planning to use some minature spade connectors from maplin so i can get it working.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...spade&doy=1m12
                  Greg

Comment

Managed to get by towbar fitted today, goto do the electrics properly yet. Only annoying thing was the westfalia towbar I have bought has a flip down bit of the electrics so it has to have side entry electrics so I need to get some silicone sealent to close up the hole on the side now. Think I will prob just use mini spade connectors to connect to the light cluster temp until I get the plugs since I have some in my shed. Would like to get it done properly though
                    Greg

Comment

Working...
                    X