Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi urs6 instrument lights fault aux

Hello

I recently pulled out my instrument cluster as I had lost almost all my bulbs. So i have replaced all the bulbs with good quality ones and it looks brilliant except no aux gauges still. I have never seen the auxiliary gauges illuminated so I pulled the cluster out again checked all the bulbs all OK checked the cluster for continuity with my multimeter and all OK. Can anyone shed any light on the problem.

cheers Mat
    ​​​​​

From a previous post of mine on qW:

"Based on Bentley X62 for UrS4 and page W90-25

Colour...Function

Black.....Analogue Clock Adjustment
    Brown....(+) Terminal 30 - to instrument cluster dimmer switch
    Red.......(+) to Voltage stabilizer J166
    Orange...(+) to Voltage stabilizer and then cluster bulbs
    Yellow....(-) Ground
    Green....(+) Power to Oil Temp and Pressure Gauges

But please take the above with a large grain of salt, and check for yourself."

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yes the above tallies up with my audi manual and I have cross referenced the 6 pin plug to the main 26 pin plug and have continuity on all pins except the 2nd pin (positive terminal 30.) I Carn't find anything to tell me more about this terminal 30 an idea.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by slim100s4 View Post
        Yes the above tallies up with my audi manual and I have cross referenced the 6 pin plug to the main 26 pin plug and have continuity on all pins except the 2nd pin (positive terminal 30.) I Carn't find anything to tell me more about this terminal 30 an idea.
        I guess you are not familiar with Audi electrical nomenclature. 30 = constant (not switched) power = 12V power to the clock.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
        X