CAT warning light on ABY dash ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAT warning light on ABY dash ?

What is this connected to in the coupe ?
    I was blasting down the highway recently and drove over a section of roadworks in which a lip caused the car to take a mild whack, right there and then the CAT light on the dash lit up and now continues to remain lit !
    Pulling the codes showed no faults logged and resetting the system was to no avail.
    The car is running better than it ever has, but I'm mighty curious to what point this dash lamp routes back to cause the blasted thing is blaring at me when the sun goes down.
    As far as I'm aware there's no post cat sensor in ABY model, which would be of no consequence in mine anyway... anybody got clues ??

that's odd, if there was a fault code it would have made sense

Comment

Not sure this of any help, but scroll down to the bit where it explains what the CAT light indicates.
      http://www.s2central.com/inst_clust_mil.html#immo

Comment

Thanks for that, I had seen that quite a while back and actually considered wiring it up to serve as a MIL !
        My car definitely wasn't delivered with a factory immobiliser installed and so I installed one myself, which excludes that possibility of the CAT lamp coming on according to the link, looks like I'll have to pop the dash out and trace from where the lamp is getting a signal from.
        In 15 years I've never seen it turn on after the engine has started, until I drove over that rut in the road as previously mentioned...

Comment

Working...
        X