Removing Clifford Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Clifford Alarm

My car currently has an older Clifford system which decides to play the siren whilst driving or just casually goes off anytime it wants.
    I plan to get a newer Clifford installed later some point, but for now would I have any implications ripping out the old system? Is it advisable and then start fresh with the new system?
    Part of the issue could be the worn buttons on the fob, so maybe they're pressed when they're not meant to be.

Thanks
    F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
    1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Assuming you can find the control box easily enough I would think it would be just a case of reinstating the original wiring.

Comment

Not so I tried to remove mine not a good idea get a qualified electrician to do it mine all the wires were black so did not know where to start I am a qualified motor mechanic and would not attempt that zgain

Comment

...........so follow the black wires until they join a colour, then join the colours up.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKCO View Post
          ...... all the wires were black ...
          deja vue... that's how the Gemini in my S2 looks. were supposed to be numbered (acc the manual)

Comment

Most alarms will have all black wires the alarm fitter will have numbers on each wire so he knows what it does and where to connect it to. If your going to remove the unit all you have to do is one wire at a time. First thing is to trace all alarm wires to their ends it's just a case of unsoldering alarm wires and resoldering the car wires if cut. It's not rocket science. Just disconnect the battery earth before you start. If you follow all the alarm wires and then decided it's to much work at least you can get a auto electrician in saving him time and you money. Good luck with your decision kind regards Lynn

Comment

Lovely, probably makes sense to get the new alarm done at the same time, by a pro.
              Has anyone tried the Clifford 650?
              F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
              1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Originally posted by AquaS2 View Post
                Lovely, probably makes sense to get the new alarm done at the same time, by a pro.
                Has anyone tried the Clifford 650?
                Would make sense, it'll save the fitter searching for ignition, fuel and starter circuits as the old alarm/immobiliser will be wired into these already.

Comment

but check for references of the person, to make sure it's a real pro and not an a** like the one that did my alarm the last time

Comment

Working...
                  X