Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning lights and autocheck on when engine is off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning lights and autocheck on when engine is off!

This only started happening yesterday and I don't really have a clue as to what's going on. The car starts and runs fine, but when I switch it off, some of the warning indicators stay on (airbag, immobiliser, battery and another one or two), plus the autocheck reads 'OK'. The lights seem to flicker a bit, like they're not getting the right voltage.

After what seems like a random amount of time, I hear a click from behind the dash (sounds like the passenger side footwell), and then the lights go out.

If I try to start the car while the lights are on, it catches for bit, then stops, like the immobiliser is kicking in. If I start it then immediately rev it for a few seconds, it carries on running fine.

Any ideas?
    Audi S2:

Avant! Ye scurvy landlubber...

Water in the fusebox?
    Check the lid.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Cheers mate. I had a look and couldn't see any moisture anywhere near the fuse box.

I'm starting to wonder if the problem is related to another issue I'm having. The wiring into the tailgate has started to break, and some of the cables are connecting intermittently. Last night the alarm went off twice for no reason and now the boot light is working (it wasn't working before). I'm guessing the boot switch has an intermittent connection, which is making the alarm think that the boot is open.

Now the boot light is working, the warning light issue seems to have gone away, which makes me think the issues are related. Maybe there's a short in the tailgate loom or something.

I'll keep an eye on it.
      Audi S2:

Avant! Ye scurvy landlubber...

Comment

Working...
      X