TFSI Coil conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFSI Coil conversion

After getting a bit of a misfire on boost im planning on converting to modern coils to get some reliability and cheaper replacement coils. I started to search around on the forum but couldn't find a definitive answer on which are the best coils to use.
    Ive got in touch with
    Error404 about a wiring harness.

What are the part numbers and items required for the conversion for coils or any other fittings required apart from the harness.

What are the pro's and con's of the different harnesses available?

034 harness https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...fsi-coils.html
    Apikol http://www.apikol.com/index.php/prod...rsion-kit.html
    Jemo motorsport https://www.jemo-motorsport.de/ignit...2-RS2-S4-S6-en

Im going to go with the harness from Alex, but interested to hear others views.

Also for reference Alex recommended the BERU ZSE 32 coils
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

I got a harness from Error404. Arrived quickly and looked spot on, as well made as any harness I've seen. I bought 5 coils from Euro Car Parts which turned out to be Beru. Then it is plug and play. Takes more time to un bolt and remove old stuff than fit new.

Started first turn of the key and done nearly 12 months and a trip around Europe, hot and cold, over the Alps and hasn't missed a beat.

Comment

i uses the red tops oe nr 06D 905 115 K but from ngk

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
        I got a harness from Error404. Arrived quickly and looked spot on, as well made as any harness I've seen. I bought 5 coils from Euro Car Parts which turned out to be Beru. Then it is plug and play. Takes more time to un bolt and remove old stuff than fit new.

Started first turn of the key and done nearly 12 months and a trip around Europe, hot and cold, over the Alps and hasn't missed a beat.
        I like the sound of no issues. I want to get some miles in this year.

i looked an ecp last night and thought they were going to be haas coils.
        Greg

Comment

As the inventor of this conversion, I've always recommended using the latest available version. Once you do your home work, then search for the best possible price amongst the well known manufacturers. Bosch and Beru come to mind. I did not know NGK was in the coil game. I only know them as spark plug people.

Here is one search result for the 06D905115 (with widely varing prices):

https://www.google.ca/search?q=06D90...Bufs8we4y7H4BQ

I am currently running these (but I bought them in 2011 when they were the latest and greatest):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yeah they Do make em. And i have run Them for 6-8000 km with vems and 500 hp. And dwell setting on 2.05 No problem from here

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
              As the inventor of this conversion, I've always recommended using the latest available version. Once you do your home work, then search for the best possible price amongst the well known manufacturers. Bosch and Beru come to mind. I did not know NGK was in the coil game. I only know them as spark plug people.

Here is one search result for the 06D905115 (with widely varing prices):

https://www.google.ca/search?q=06D90...Bufs8we4y7H4BQ

I am currently running these (but I bought them in 2011 when they were the latest and greatest):

When you wired these did you combine the two earth pins together and earth them out to the engine?

Or did you keep the earths separate, ie one to engine and one back to ecu earth as Audi do?

Thanks Alan

Comment

Keep them separate
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post
                  When you wired these did you combine the two earth pins together and earth them out to the engine?
                  Or did you keep the earths separate, ie one to engine and one back to ecu earth as Audi do?
                  Thanks Alan
                  One of the grounds goes to the cam cover like it did with the original coils. The other ground goes back into the ECU harness and grounds with that harness on the intake manifold, i.e. stock.

Here is the guide diagram (with AAN wire colours):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks for updates. I assume the ground to ECU is just for reference to trigger the coils and the other earth connection for the high tension side
                    Greg

Comment

Don’t skimp on the coil packs!! Buy the genuine ones. You won’t regret it!
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman View Post
                        Don’t skimp on the coil packs!! Buy the genuine ones. You won’t regret it!
                        It’s gonna be Bosch, beru or Delphi. Most likely the beru coils. Will get those ordered this week and I should have a harness from Alex next week too.
                        Greg

Comment

Ok - up to you! I fitted aftermarket Beru to customers Porsche and wasn’t happy with what felt like a low end misfire. Took the risk and bought genuine Porsche (beru - but not aftermarket quality) car fixed. ALL the aftermarket coils aren’t the same quality as the OEM ones. Get yoir dad to go to TPS and buy 5 new coil packs! Trust me
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Norbitron coil harness and black 07k coils for me, flawless in all weather.
                            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                            2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                            2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                            1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                            1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

I have got harness from Alex-it's perfect for me

Comment

Working...
                              X