New alarm system for RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New alarm system for RS2

I've recently got my RS2 back up and running having been in storage for about 6 years. Great fun to have it back !

In the process of getting the engine running again, the alarm system (Toad) was removed. It was always being a bit unreliable back when I used the car as a daily anyway.
    I'd like to (/need to) install a new alarm system.

What are other S2/RS2 owners going for? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    R

Hi i had to update my old alarm for the S2 as it was apparently no longer thatchem approved so after shopping around i went fort the Clifford avant guard 5.1

http://www.clifford.com/Products/Cli...ard%205.1.aspx
    it has remote start which is pretty cool!!
    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Sounds good, although I read that remote start means invalidating cat 1 thatcham which may or may not be a concern for you!

It doesn't look like there's a lot of innovation in the retrofit alarm system arena. For example the current sigma s5 looks identical to the system that was installed on a corrado I owned about 8 years ago!

I'm tempted by toad because that is what was on the car up until quite recently. But acknowlede it may not be particularly clever to re-install a system that's recently been uninstalled...

Comment

I’ve had a Clifford 650 mkii installed a few months back, so far no hiccups once you get the proximity sensors at a sensible setting. Otherwise it’ll chirp if you breathe anywhere near the car.
        F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
        1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

I was supposed to get a Toad fitted to mine but they were back order at the time so it was a Meta that got fitted. Not had any trouble with it
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

I opted for a Sterling One which is about as simple as you can get! It's a re-badged Scorpion. The little key fob has a similar feel to the Audi key, and it's possible to turn off the ultrasonic transducers (when the dog is in the car!). The key fobs don't seem to have a great range which is a bit odd but may simply be the control unit antenna needs adjusting.

Comment

Working...
            X